nerves help!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i am doing the bicester team chase tomorrow and i am really nervous as it is my first team chase, and although i have been told its an easy course i am more nervous about having breaks, as that is a bit of an issue with me and my new neddie!

anyone know any calming tips? dont have any rescue remedy by the way!
crazy.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
You dont need that many brakes really, have you got a curb on the back of his 3ring? as long as you have him more a couple of strides before each fence you'll be fine, promise
smile.gif
x

Mel85

Visit site
I am lucky not to suffer particularly with nerves - think this is more stupid and lack of brains that anything else - you sound far more normal!!!!

Remember to focus on the good things i.e how many times things have gone right - not build up in your mind the "possibles" of what might go wrong. As has already been mentioned, make sure you are not rushing and have plenty of time to tack up and warm up etc. Also remember that you know your horse is capable of the task.

Enjoy it! Don't think about it too much and don't put pressure on yourself. You will still do exactly the same things on Monday, no matter what happens tomorrow - if that makes sense!!!!