Nervous... going seeing a possible loan horse tomorrow!

_jetset_

Visit site
I would class myself as quite a confident rider, but I am absolutely scared stiff of going to see this horse tomorrow! Not because I am worried about the horse, but the lady wants me to ride her other horse (one I am looking at needs restarting) and I am terrified I will forget how to ride because it is actually FOR something.

I know this sounds really silly... it's just everytime I have riden a different horse to my own it is because the owners have asked me to jump on and see what I think. They have not been analysing me as a rider at all... because someone is doing, it is boody nerve wrecking!

Anyone else ever felt like this?

Oaksflight

Visit site
I've got my riding assessment for uni at start of October and am cr*pping myself! Got to be of BHS stage 3 standard, which I know I am, but still!
crazy.gif
Hope it goes ok!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks... that is exactly what I am like. I know I am a good rider, the BD trainer really boosted my confidence last week, but it's still nerve wracking because I am riding for a reason!

Ooooo
confused.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
I just hate being watched for the way I ride, rather than how my riding causes the horse to perform, which I know is what it'll be like at uni. If it works, then why not?! That's my theory anyway!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I HATE trying horses out and knowing your being watched by strangers who will be judging you is even worse!!!

I'm sure you will be fine though, if your BD trainer is singing your praises then by the sounds of it you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure once you get there and start chatting to her you will find yourself relaxing anyway.

Good luck and let us know how it goes
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Hmmm... thanks Kelly!

I just think it is so hard sitting on a horse you have never ridden before on a saddle that feels completely unfamiliar and being watched all at the same time! I am getting myself into a bit of a state which will not help one bit.

I haven't done this trying horses thing for over 5 years, and it didn't bother me one jot then! Rescue Remedy is being purchased by the gallon!

Kelly1982

Visit site
It does feel strange on an unfamiliar horse sometimes but i'm sure the owner will take this into consideration.

I reckon once you get there and start chatting (and popping that rescue remedy
grin.gif
) you will be fine and wonder why you got so worked up in the first place.

If your BD trainer has faith in you then you should have faith in yourself too
smile.gif

SSM

Visit site
Took my stage 3 on valium
shocked.gif
I was so scared before the exam that I think I threw up several times and that's when my mother stepped in and plied me with drugs (a small amount I might add!).

I passed
tongue.gif