Never give up

Sprat

Visit site
I'm also hypermobile MP so feel your pain, its quite easy to bend my knees backwards and create a false stretch.

I have actually shamed myself with the above cake post, so I've got the gym ball now and I'm using it instead of my office chair. Baby steps! I'm normally a real gym bunny and go approx. 5 times a week, but with the gyms closed I can't find the motivation to do home workouts. What online classes have you been doing?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I started doing this before I realised my hips were dodgy - there is a great app which gives you varied daily stretches and has a timer included etc (for those which would like to give it a try). FlexiFitt - Splits Challenge.

ETA: I thought you were a good decade younger too!! I would have gone 28 - 33..

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm also hypermobile MP so feel your pain, its quite easy to bend my knees backwards and create a false stretch.

I have actually shamed myself with the above cake post, so I've got the gym ball now and I'm using it instead of my office chair. Baby steps! I'm normally a real gym bunny and go approx. 5 times a week, but with the gyms closed I can't find the motivation to do home workouts. What online classes have you been doing?
I'm doing a rider performance programme with Jo Titterton Equipilates which is keeping busy, haha, thought the sessions are short it's 5 HIIT pilates sessions, 2 equipilates and one ball class a week, plus a daily exercise, release and stretch :p With nothing to ride i wanted something to keep my riding strength up and also force me to step away from the laptop now and then. i can't do Joe Wicks etc because all the leaping about quickly just tears my muscles but HIIT pilates is a good mix of strength and precision stuff mixed in so i'm improving my control. some of the equipilates I find myself sitting out because I don't need to open my hips any more :eek: but the ball classes are ones I repeat instead, and lots of glute med activation is definitely helping my chronic piriformis syndrome!

Sprat

Visit site
I'm doing a rider performance programme with Jo Titterton Equipilates which is keeping busy, haha, thought the sessions are short it's 5 HIIT pilates sessions, 2 equipilates and one ball class a week, plus a daily exercise, release and stretch :p With nothing to ride i wanted something to keep my riding strength up and also force me to step away from the laptop now and then. i can't do Joe Wicks etc because all the leaping about quickly just tears my muscles but HIIT pilates is a good mix of strength and precision stuff mixed in so i'm improving my control. some of the equipilates I find myself sitting out because I don't need to open my hips any more :eek: but the ball classes are ones I repeat instead, and lots of glute med activation is definitely helping my chronic piriformis syndrome!

Jo is great, I did a lot of her classes in the first lockdown. I should really start doing them again as do really rate them