New baby pony has arrived

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Well it has all gone pretty well today.

She was delivered at about 12.30 and has been a very well behaved little girly ever since.
She arrived very sweaty bless her, but she let me bath her a little, just to get rid of all that crusty sweaty stuff :eek:
Bought my friends mare on the yard who could be her mum as you can see in the pics to keep her company in her new strange surroundings!
Thought it would settle her on arrival and it helped, in fact she likes my friends mare Bonnie alot already bless her.

She has been very sweet and quiet so far considering everything. She was a bit more unsettled in the first paddock we put her in, but then YO said to move her to another one and she was so happy right away, got her head down to munch (she now has horses in paddocks all around her).
She was used to being in a herd of mares so she has been excellent really.
Even though she was nervous and a little unsure after a bit of a day she let me catch her both times I needed to after her arrival.

She is only a baby at rising 3 and currently stands at 14.1hh and is bum high, reckon she will finish up 14.2/14.3hh.
She needs work on her feet being picked up as she is not used to it at all, but she will get there I am sure with practice.
Anyway, thats enough from me, here she is, Nell, my new baby pony :D

009-4.jpg

012-6.jpg

018-3.jpg

020-4.jpg

022-3.jpg

Me and her
032-3.jpg

049-3.jpg

055-3.jpg

Sorry, lots of pics

PolarSkye

Visit site
What a sweetheart - absolutely love her white face. Looking forward to lots of updates about this gorgeous girl. Good luck with her.

P

Sparkles

Visit site
LOVE the new mare!! She looks extremely sweet and kind. I hope you have a lot of fun with her!

Also on a really non-offensive random note...is she in foal at all? She might just be a bit wormy, but just her belly in a couple of them photos looked a bit questionable lol. Again...no offense meant, only had a niggling thought when I saw the first piccy of her that's all, it's probably me being paranoid lol!

So glad you found one :D She has a brother over here too as well as a mother...we've got a little 5 year old gelding who looks quite similar, just with a blue eye! :p

x

Jazzy B

Visit site
she looks a real sweetie and from that picture in the field she looks like she moves nicely - congratulations with your new baby!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
What a sweetheart - absolutely love her white face. Looking forward to lots of updates about this gorgeous girl. Good luck with her.

P

Thanks PS, yes, lots of updates hopefully with bringing her on. She needs alot of work but she is very sweet and genuine.

LOVE the new mare!! She looks extremely sweet and kind. I hope you have a lot of fun with her!

Also on a really non-offensive random note...is she in foal at all? She might just be a bit wormy, but just her belly in a couple of them photos looked a bit questionable lol. Again...no offense meant, only had a niggling thought when I saw the first piccy of her that's all, it's probably me being paranoid lol!

So glad you found one :D She has a brother over here too as well as a mother...we've got a little 5 year old gelding who looks quite similar, just with a blue eye! :p

x

Lol, no offense taken, it has crossed my mind but she has not been out with a stallion, she will be wormed this week, she has been fed very well all winter, hopefully no surprises like that. Her previous owner had planned to put her in foal this year so she should not be, thankfully he let me have her even though she was not exactly for sale :D

Ladydragon

Visit site
Awww...she's got a smiley mouth... :)

It looks like she has settled in quite nicely and is comfy around you... We recently got a QH that's rising 3 and only had basic handling in the field...

I like babies... :)

Cedars

Visit site
Lovely! Same age as my littleun but looks like she still has some growing yet! I love the name Nell too :) have fun! xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
She's lovely - and is it just me or does she look like the double of the one tied up behind her in the photos? Lucky you, enjoy her :)

No, not just you thinking that at all, the mare behind could be her mummy! They are very very alike its odd.
I did not set out looking for a dark bay may with a large blaze but just fell for her lovely nature :D

Quantock-cob

Visit site
I love her - please can you send her down to me when she is a few years older (and you have done all the hard work breaking her in) - I'll put my order in now :) My boy cob would love to meet her for a little bit of horsey romance ;)

Sparkles

Visit site
Maybe if there's a vet out at all at some point in the near future, get him to have a little browse around lol....case closed then :)