New breast strap

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I have an old canvas rug. Its pretty ancient (came with my first horse twenty years ago and wasn't new then) but it works really well for heavy rain in warmish weather as its unlined but never leaks, I haven't found anything as good with modern rugs. It also fits my current horse very well.

The front has slots in it and a leather buckle strap that loops through the slots, and the strap has snapped! I have no idea where to get a replacement. I'm in the middle of no-where in Ireland (county Mayo) so there isn't really a saddler / leatherworker I can pop down to see. Something online would be ideal, leather or webbing but it needs to be reasonably thick for comfort and quite short.

Anyone have any ideas where I might find something suitable? I've been looking at watch straps (too thin) and straps for hiking / camping etc (usually too long).

blitznbobs

Visit site
I have an old canvas rug. Its pretty ancient (came with my first horse twenty years ago and wasn't new then) but it works really well for heavy rain in warmish weather as its unlined but never leaks, I haven't found anything as good with modern rugs. It also fits my current horse very well.

The front has slots in it and a leather buckle strap that loops through the slots, and the strap has snapped! I have no idea where to get a replacement. I'm in the middle of no-where in Ireland (county Mayo) so there isn't really a saddler / leatherworker I can pop down to see. Something online would be ideal, leather or webbing but it needs to be reasonably thick for comfort and quite short.

Anyone have any ideas where I might find something suitable? I've been looking at watch straps (too thin) and straps for hiking / camping etc (usually too long).

I bought a dog collar for this job - works fine and looks smart ... There is loads of choice on eBay just measure the length and width and you'll find one v cheap

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Any leather strap can be shortened with a pair of stout scissors or a stanley knife, and you can punch extra holes as needed, so if you have an old belt that will fit the slots you are sorted.