New charity, Apg, if you don't listen to the Archers, pass by!

oldie48

Visit site
I am totally sick of every time the Grundy's get a muddy boot out of the mire they get run over by a muck spreader. I genuinely feel that the whole extended family need a bloody big break and it's time the writers found some other unlucky rural family to take the rap. Twice a day, every day and a bloody omnibus on a Sunday, the poor Grundy's get put through the wringer. No family should have to go through this, however feckless and dim witted, they deserve a break, an opportunity to shine and an opportunity to rise. So I am suggesting a new charity called "The Association for the protection of the Grundys".there is no need to make a financial donation, it will only get used to offset the TV licence. What we need is a new storyline designed to give this brave family a leg up in life. I am donating.... The missing Eurovisions ticket that has won £170m was bought by Ed Grundy. Your donations gratefully received. (Yes I admit I have too much time on my hands!)

Teajack

Visit site
lf there was any chance of the bad luck settling on Brookfield for a change? Ruth and Peep drown ln grain silo horror would do.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
they have a magic money tree which means that shortly after having an IBR issue and having to pay others compensation iirc? they can have a brand new parlour :p

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I am so glad I am not the only one who feels bad for the Grundys. Every time Ed has another disaster I have to stop listening for a few weeks. How about the family finding out that the pot Joe used to keep his false teeth in is actually a priceless antique?

oldie48

Visit site
I am so glad I am not the only one who feels bad for the Grundys. Every time Ed has another disaster I have to stop listening for a few weeks. How about the family finding out that the pot Joe used to keep his false teeth in is actually a priceless antique?
Now that is a good story line, particularly if Ed and and Emma get back together and the money from the pot buys them a house. I have stopped listening regularly recently becauseI find the Grundy story lines too sad, Peggy and £500K project money too ridiculous and the fact that almost every social issue except transgender seems to have been covered in the last year or so just irritating. I did enjoy the Canterbury Tales Christmas show though, listened to it again recently and for an amateur bunch, they did a fab job. lol

cauda equina

Visit site
The Grundys deserve a break? What, another one?
On top of - living at Grey Gables for months after the flood, with Joe wandering around in his tiger onesie and letting the ferrets loose in the linen cupboard, culminating in legal action against GG when Joe got pissed, fell over and broke his wrist; Eddie trashing the Grange Farm SSSI by putting pigs on it, and getting away with it; the whole clan living at Grange Farm for what seems like forever, wrecking the garden (pigs again) and Caroline's treasured chaise longue, not to mention the kitchen ceiling when Joe let the bath overflow
Oliver's going to have his work cut out to get his house back, if he ever does

oldie48

Visit site
The Grundys deserve a break? What, another one?
On top of - living at Grey Gables for months after the flood, with Joe wandering around in his tiger onesie and letting the ferrets loose in the linen cupboard, culminating in legal action against GG when Joe got pissed, fell over and broke his wrist; Eddie trashing the Grange Farm SSSI by putting pigs on it, and getting away with it; the whole clan living at Grange Farm for what seems like forever, wrecking the garden (pigs again) and Caroline's treasured chaise longue, not to mention the kitchen ceiling when Joe let the bath overflow
Oliver's going to have his work cut out to get his house back, if he ever does
Well I did say "feckless and dim witted" but still this all pales into insignificance when considered with the latest problems and I do think there has been a major improvement in their general behaviour, even Eddie has shown signs of compassion and maturity lately and poor Clarrie really deserves a break despite closing down the production of yoghurt on one occasion. I really want Ed and Emma to get back together and I found Emma's disappointment at losing the house, her desperation to find a solution just heart breaking. They need to win the lottery!

Cowpony

Visit site
I don't want yet more unrealistic storylines just something nice and normal. So I will donate Hannah getting the sack and Ed getting her job at Berrow meaning that he has a regular stable income and for once is in a better position than bloody Will.

Ah, so does that mean I'm not going to get the storyline I have wanted since I was a child - Jennifer Archer and Linda Snell first against the wall come the revolution?

Tarragon

Visit site
Another Archers fan here :)
I want Ed and Emma to get back together. Ed has such a kind voice! Emma certainly wasn't blameless, egging Ed on when he had his doubts, but she is good at heart.

cauda equina

Visit site
Well I did say "feckless and dim witted" but still this all pales into insignificance when considered with the latest problems and I do think there has been a major improvement in their general behaviour, even Eddie has shown signs of compassion and maturity lately and poor Clarrie really deserves a break despite closing down the production of yoghurt on one occasion. I really want Ed and Emma to get back together and I found Emma's disappointment at losing the house, her desperation to find a solution just heart breaking. They need to win the lottery!
Still on the scrounge, though
'I don't see what's stopping you buying one' said Lizzie, when they were after her cider press - you'd think she would know them better than that by now

I'm not a bit surprised Will has been made to give up gamekeeping, the right-on folk at the BBC probably think it's a ghastly job
Oliver and Shula seem to have forgotten they are joint masters too, unless they resigned off-air

oldie48

Visit site
When I wrote the OP I had listened to a couple of minutes of the Archers having switched on late, heard there was more misery in the lives of the Grundy's and switched off again so I did not know Joe had died!!!!!! I listened to today's episode on the way to get feed and found out then. What is going to happen to Bartleby or have I missed his passing too??

Kat

Visit site
Ah, so does that mean I'm not going to get the storyline I have wanted since I was a child - Jennifer Archer and Linda Snell first against the wall come the revolution?
No because any right thinking person will have Pip against the wall first!

Struggling to decide who is second, possibly Will or Tom.......