New dressage saddle for a TB. 2k budget. Help!!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Anybody have any recommendations? I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find many threads about this on the forum but I also want to include some photos of her.

She is 16hh, in a MW, 17" atm. :)
ETA: I will of course be getting a saddler out, but looking for recommendations so I can have a vague clue of what I'm looking for!
24321997_864980700328245_1538850879_o.jpg

24474810_864980576994924_593237460_o.jpg

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Can only go by what I've found works for me, so my recommendation is Lavinia Mitchell Saddles or Balance Saddles.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Can only go by what I've found works for me, so my recommendation is Lavinia Mitchell Saddles or Balance Saddles.

same here got 2 lavinia Mitchell saddles the dressage one is so comfy they have a double padded seat and you will have change even with a brand new one best money I have ever spent.

I like black country saddles as well currently have one on my other horse and will be buying a new one next year.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Can I ask, why new? You can get nearly new for an awful lot less money?

Louby

Visit site
Having been a long sufferer of high withers! I would recommend either a Harry Dabbs M2M, definately Farrington, they seem to fit high withered horse great or last chice an Albion.

Nici

Visit site
Anybody have any recommendations? I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find many threads about this on the forum but I also want to include some photos of her.

She is 16hh, in a MW, 17" atm. :)
ETA: I will of course be getting a saddler out, but looking for recommendations so I can have a vague clue of what I'm looking for!
24321997_864980700328245_1538850879_o.jpg

24474810_864980576994924_593237460_o.jpg

What a beautiful girl! (insert heart smilie)

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I had one made by an independent saddle maker, top quality made to measure saddle, with all the fancy bits and colours I wanted, but at 1/3rd of the price you'd normally pay. It was a beautiful saddle, but sadly made a bit too big for the pony so I sent it back, but it's a good option if you are very strict with what you want! There are a few out there who do it, with brand new saddles made to your spec around the 1k mark. Otherwise, I'd look 2nd hand or ex demo. Regarding branded saddles, I loved my black country and prestige, even the older models still look great.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Can I ask, why new? You can get nearly new for an awful lot less money?
Oh, I just meant new to us-would totally be happy with a nearly new especially if it saved us a few pennies :)
What a beautiful girl! (insert heart smilie)
Thank you... Can't help but agree :p
I had one made by an independent saddle maker, top quality made to measure saddle, with all the fancy bits and colours I wanted, but at 1/3rd of the price you'd normally pay. It was a beautiful saddle, but sadly made a bit too big for the pony so I sent it back, but it's a good option if you are very strict with what you want! There are a few out there who do it, with brand new saddles made to your spec around the 1k mark. Otherwise, I'd look 2nd hand or ex demo. Regarding branded saddles, I loved my black country and prestige, even the older models still look great.
Ohhh, would you be able to PM the company? Although I'm sure I'd probably need to do a little research of places closer to home (Yorkshire) :)

TigerTail

Visit site
I ride in a heather moffett vogue dressage , have used it for years and can't ride in anything else now it's too damn comfy!

The stirrup bars are set correctly for a good leg position and because it's soft trees you don't have to worry about her changing shape and it not fitting - (short of severe muscle atrophy) they look totally "normal" as well second hand ones go for between 6-800 I think, new they're 1500.

I'm in yorks if you wanted to try one :)

rosiesowner

Visit site
I ride in a heather moffett vogue dressage , have used it for years and can't ride in anything else now it's too damn comfy!

The stirrup bars are set correctly for a good leg position and because it's soft trees you don't have to worry about her changing shape and it not fitting - (short of severe muscle atrophy) they look totally "normal" as well second hand ones go for between 6-800 I think, new they're 1500.

I'm in yorks if you wanted to try one :)
More good ideas for the brain bank... :)

Kent and masters? All depends on what shape the TB is....
I can't lie, I'm not too keen on the K&Ms saddles having ridden in a few of the GP ones (they seem to be a trend at our yard). However I'm prepared to have my mind changed by a DR one if it were to suit Chills :)

rosiesowner

Visit site
Forgot to mention...

Saddle fitter all booked for next Thursday morning. She's bringing a few different brands along with her. Never used her before but the phone consultation was fab with loads of info about Chilli and I taken.

Feels a little bit like it could be the longest weeks wait ever :eek::eek:

LeannePip

Visit site
I love my Equipe. Comfiest saddle I've ever sat on!

my very TB'y ISH loves her Equipe Emporio, its really light weight and nice and petite - she looks ridiculous in albions and ideals as they are just too chunky for her. The equip still has a good seat and knee blocks for the rider whilst still being 'low profile' and light for the horse. Pretty sure the Amerigo Vega is on the same tree/ from the same factory so that might be an option too :)

Its also a really good shape for that type. . . I have the jump version too (equipe expression) she loves both :D

You can pick up something in good nick between 1,200/1,800
kD1qjon.png

J74H7Pm.png

rosiesowner

Visit site
my very TB'y ISH loves her Equipe Emporio, its really light weight and nice and petite - she looks ridiculous in albions and ideals as they are just too chunky for her. The equip still has a good seat and knee blocks for the rider whilst still being 'low profile' and light for the horse. Pretty sure the Amerigo Vega is on the same tree/ from the same factory so that might be an option too :)

Its also a really good shape for that type. . . I have the jump version too (equipe expression) she loves both :D

You can pick up something in good nick between 1,200/1,800
kD1qjon.png

J74H7Pm.png

Your horse looks AMAZE in hers!

LeannePip

Visit site
Your horse looks AMAZE in hers!

she loves it <3 i was only 1/2 thinking of getting a dressage saddle (2years ago) and my saddler came out and I mentioned it to her and she said 'I have one you will LOVE' i'd been struggling with her canter (she was a baby) we put the saddle on she pissed off down the school bucking and bronking then . . . she went amazingly - her canter was proper, she was responsive and soft. And that was it, I cashed in some bonds drove 100miles and picked my saddle up 4 days later (saddlers was black, I wanted brown) :D

Just bought the jump version and again the difference was amazing

leflynn

Visit site
More good ideas for the brain bank... :)

I can't lie, I'm not too keen on the K&Ms saddles having ridden in a few of the GP ones (they seem to be a trend at our yard). However I'm prepared to have my mind changed by a DR one if it were to suit Chills :)

I hated the GP's but like my jump and DR, good luck finding one!

Farma

Visit site
What do you currently ride in? What dressage saddles have you tried and liked/disliked.

There are so many that might not suit your horse, so you may end up limited.

The ones I personally don't like (and its all personal preference) wintec except for the isabell, any kent and masters I detest riding in, I also don't like the blocks on the bates and the Fairfax.

The ones I would choose from would be; albion slk, revelation or ultima, jaguar xkc, ideal Jessica and suzannah, equipe or wow.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
HAs anyone ever tried the schleese saddles? A friend of mine mentioned it on fb but never heard of it.

madamebonnie

Visit site
I have an ancient Albion SLK with suede patches. Brilliant saddle for a tb as huuuge wither clearance. Pony is only just 16hh but the 18" fits ok. Would be nicer to have a more compact or neater shape but my long thighs dictate big saddles!

One day we'll splurge on something that fits us both AND looks nice :D