New foal this evening!! ;o)

Mugsgame

Visit site
At the very decent hour of 8.15pm, we have the very swift and smooth delivery of a very dark bay/brown colt with a star and one small sock!

Out of my mare Aloma's Reality http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10624101

and by my good friend's stallion Tireinon Diplomat http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10602481

I am thrilled with both of them, and am very much looking forward to seeing him dry out and unfold!! Aloma's, who graded very nicely with SHB(GB) last year will now go to Wish Upon A Star - all being well - and I am very excited about this cross!!

A good job she did foal at the time she did, when I got her in I thought it was odd to have a raised vein on her shoulder (its not hot here today), then while i skipped out she had the smallest drop of milk form... within moments her waters went and his legs came into view! :D Absolutely "blink and miss it" foaling, just goes to show!!

Does this complete the long awaited foaling storm for HHO or is anyone still hanging on??!!

Tempi

Visit site
Congratulations - sounds like a quick foaling!! Glad it was all successful, looking forward to seeing pictures :)

Im still waiting, on day 349 today - my mare has a massive bag, tummy dropped about a week ago and has been relaxed behind for about 3 weeks now so am hoping its going to be sometime in the next week. Im just waiting for her to come in from the field with some milk dripping as thats what she normally does before foaling.

Mugsgame

Visit site
Thank you all for your lovely comments! :)

Tempi - do you have the signs you are hoping for?!

Here are a couple of pictures - but they are not very good ones!! I promise I will be doing picture overload tomorrow as I will have the camera out and about - last evening when she foaled I was armed with my old work phone, and a shavings fork (and not a lot else initially!!! :D )

Everyone keeps looking at his colour... little mystery so far... !! Interested in anyone's thoughts if they can see from these pics...

Alomas1.jpg

Alomas2.jpg

Alomas3.jpg

The hawk eyed amongst you will notice the hurdles in the back ground - may I just add the footnote that they are infilled with stud fence but you cant see that from here... the whole foaling in a sheep shed thing was a relatively last minute arrangement (a few weeks ago!) but I have to say it has worked perfectly, a lovely amount of space and the bottle lambs next door have been well entertained!! :D

Simsar

Visit site
Hope you sent her first class, looking forward to that envelope. x Love the foaling box too. xx Talk tomorrow I've made Simon do foal watch tonight so going to bed right now. x Congrats again.

berry

Visit site
What a lovely baby. I'm still waiting:(. Mare is 344 days today and has only just started to bag up so I'm in for a long wait I think!!!