New Forest ponies

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Just wondering what people can tell me about the Lucky Lane pony line? Is it a stud? Do they live on the forest when they are first born? Sorry not being ignorant, I am just not sure how it works.

I had a Lucky Lane pony for a short time back in 2017 as a summer project and he was super - was talking about New Forest ponies today which brought back some memories. It was a hard decision to sell him but I was too big for him really to keep him long term. Sadly he is no longer with us but I’d love to find out more info from when and where he was born, etc.

Few photos of him…

Attachments

• IMG_0857.png
    IMG_0857.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0915.jpeg
    IMG_0915.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1085.png
    IMG_1085.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 17

HopOnTrot

Visit site
What was his full name?
I have a Lucky Lane mare, bred by M Garelli.

Mine was Forest born and bred, out on the Forest until she was 6 and sold at auction as halter broken.

I’ve had mine years and years and she will most likely be replaced with another New Forest when she retires.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
What was his full name?
I have a Lucky Lane mare, bred by M Garelli.

Mine was Forest born and bred, out on the Forest until she was 6 and sold at auction as halter broken.

I’ve had mine years and years and she will most likely be replaced with another New Forest when she retires.

He was called Lucky Lane Wiley Fox. Yes they make lovely ponies. I wish they came in 15.2!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Mostly (if not all) of the Lucky Lane ponies will be born and bred on the forest. My yearling is by Lucky Lane Rollo. The mares live on the forest and will be covered by a stallion during the period of their turnout (6-8 weeks) from mid-May. Some foals will be branded (mainly the fillies), some come off the forest during the drift season and will either be turned back out later or sold.

If you you like any more information I'd be happy to help.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Mostly (if not all) of the Lucky Lane ponies will be born and bred on the forest. My yearling is by Lucky Lane Rollo. The mares live on the forest and will be covered by a stallion during the period of their turnout (6-8 weeks) from mid-May. Some foals will be branded (mainly the fillies), some come off the forest during the drift season and will either be turned back out later or sold.

If you you like any more information I'd be happy to help.

Thank you, I have discovered with help on the New Forest facebook group that he was by Mallards Wood Hillbilly and was one of the ones not bred on the Forest. What would be the reason this Stallion was not allowed to run on the Forest?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Out of Lucky Lane Acorn

Not all the stallions run on the forest. Mallards Wood ponies are stud and forest bred. Sometimes the owners choose not to run them out and allow visiting mares.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Out of Lucky Lane Acorn

Not all the stallions run on the forest. Mallards Wood ponies are stud and forest bred. Sometimes the owners choose not to run them out and allow visiting mares.

That makes sense. 😊 I was hoping I might get some foal pictures but I am told this is highly unlikely as the owners are quite old and don’t tend to take photos sadly but it’s interesting to learn about the breeding anyway.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Oh, that's sad. Still showing up on the on-line stud book. Mind you, unless the owners let the society know, they will be.

I know, I did visit him once in his new home before he was poorly and he seemed happy. Such a shame though as he was a lovely pony, but it sounds like it was something really rare and random. I think he had some sort of seizure which made him go blind from what they said. 😔

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Personally, if that's you riding him in the top pic, you didn't look too big. If you ever fancy another.....

That is me yes! A few years ago so I am a little heavier but no taller. 🤔 I would love another at some point! I love exmoors too but they are a little on the small side, at least New Forests are a bit bigger! 😁