Dry Rot

Visit site
KILL!!!!!:D

DSC_0288_zpst3m6l5dy.jpg

Dry Rot

Visit site
Is he/she a keeper? :)

Sadly, conceived in sin.

Mum is over 8yo (but still flies her fences!) so pups can't be registered. Dad broke the kennel gate down to do the deed. Thankfully, only two in the litter. This one has a mildly kinky tail which does not bother me, her sister is fine. Her ears have now gone down again! But I expect they'll go up later. Yes, I'll keep both but might sell one trained later. I love the training!

Foxy says, "He told me it would be quite safe if we did it standing up...."

DSC_0156_zps4dedpmfp.jpg

Alec Swan

Visit site
Sadly, conceived in sin.
……..
Foxy says, "He told me it would be quite safe if we did it standing up...."

……..

Well at her age, she should have known better, firstly that being a boy, NOTHING that they say should be believed, and secondly that it's the same as 'doing it' in the sea, nonsense! :)

I remember Foxy from when she was young, and in her day, a very attractive and well put-together bitch. A shame that they can't be registered (could a dispensation be applied for?), but that won't alter the finished articles, I'm sure.

Have you decided upon names yet? Could HHO offer their thoughts?!!

Alec.

Booboos

Visit site
A www very cute!i am very envious. I was hoping this spring would be new GSD puppy time but MiniBoo2 is proving to be a horror toddler and it might be wiser to wait a bit longer.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Oh, these will be little horrors. No doubt about it. They disappear on independent hunts through the undergrowth and get lost as it is! I am trying to train them to come to call with the feed bowl. I name my dogs after old girl friends and have a couple of names pencilled in but would welcome suggestestions from HHO. Be warned, I am funny about names and there are to be no hurt feelings if suggestions are rejected. My girls here are very opionated too! Frankly, I couldn't give a damn about the KC and have no intentions of giving them any more money!

This is Foxy. (DDR x Slovak). She thinks nothing of jumping fences like this. Thankfully, Max (pure Czech) never learnt to jump and I think I'll keep it that way. BTW, he has some (unregistered) cousins for sale at http://www.darkvakia.com/ but these dogs are not for the faint hearted. They need a lot of stimulation and need to be trained to a purpose.

jump1.jpg

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Love the ears. Call Jeremy Kyle!!

PS re the info on the website. The dog's name is Norbo. Ben Ju is the kennel he came from. Velmi Dobry is his show grade, it means 'very good' in Czech, would be equivalent of SG/sehr gut in German.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Love the ears. Call Jeremy Kyle!!

PS re the info on the website. The dog's name is Norbo. Ben Ju is the kennel he came from. Velmi Dobry is his show grade, it means 'very good' in Czech, would be equivalent of SG/sehr gut in German.

Interesting to know though I've no intentions of breeding anything other than replacements -- which I won't be doing for a very long time yet.

Foxy (Gangskuza Aza) is by Hasko von der Mohnwiese and out of Bianca Canislog if you are interested. She is without doubt the cleverest dog I have ever owned. I did try to find a stud dog from similar lines but there is nothing this far north.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I appreciate why your pups aren't registered due to Foxy's age (at least she only had 2)but why are the darkavia pups not registered? I would have thought from your description they would go to people who would want to do trials, and surely better to have breeders affix.

Whilst CC is putting in an appearance here, congratulations on Floofy gaining the top IPO 3 award this weekend. Great achievement.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

Whilst CC is putting in an appearance here, congratulations on Floofy gaining the top IPO 3 award this weekend. Great achievement.

I no longer follow Trials but another with congratulations. Trialling dogs, regardless of the discipline, in my view is the only 'test' of worth.

Whilst we're on the subject of GSDs and I no longer follow breeding or dogs, DR inspired me to look at the Czech dogs, mostly because of the appeal of Max, as a stamp of dog. I look at many of the top flight as well as the also-rans, and am horrified at the pasterns of some (most if I'm honest), and it seems to me that it seriously affects their way of going and how they move.

Is it just me, or is there an inherent weakness being bred in to them? I watch so many move when they're approaching their work and so many 'lollop' along, for want of a better expression. We wouldn't expect puppies to be 'up' on their toes and I'd also expect a degree of collapse when dogs age, but many of these dogs are 3-6 years, and they look frightful.

If someone can explain, with reason, that I'm wrong, I'd be pleased to hear.

Alec.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Agree totally with Alec re: working trials, though I do have worries about how trials are regulated and judged under the tender ministrations of The Kennel Club. But don't get me going on that!

A well done from me also to Floofy and her owner. I know next to nothing about working trials except for what I see on Youtube.

Max's breeder is an enthusiast of Personal Protection Dogs (PPDs) and has drummed into me that Max needs to go for the man, not the sleeve, so I am not sure my dogs would achieve much in trials.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Thanks guys :) and I'm sure DR will have just as much fun training this new pup as I've had.

I take part under international rules so nothing to do with KC ;)
There are lots of health requirements for top level competition and high points for speed, power and commitment to the job in all phases, so would make no point to breed such physical weaknesses into an animal.
Size and the resulting stress/wear and tear would be more of a current issue.

But the great thing about the breed is its versatility and the fact that they can do so many different jobs :)