New Hat - suggestions

Jayzee

Visit site
I'm on the look out for a new hat and would like some recommendations/ suggestions. I currently have the Charles Owen J3 which is really comfy but has probably had its day. I also had the Pro II but I find it so uncomfortable and it digs into the the right side of my head so I revert back to the J3.

I would quite like something smart as planning to get out with my mare a bit more (finally after many lameness issues she is sound!). I like Charles Owens and had my eye on the Ayr8. But would just like some other ideas too.

Thanks

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Yes, I love my Ayr8 too. It is light and comfy. Shame about the huge white Charles Owen logo on the back though. I have a brown one with paler brown lizard print or something trim. Not custom made just found in a tack shop. I have a pin sized head so didn't pay VAT either.

Jayzee

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, do they fit in a similar way to most Charles Owens, as just from experience I know the J3 and Pro II are quite disimilar

hattie2525

Visit site
Although both by Charles Owen the Ayr8 is much more oval and the standard skull caps more round.

I had a 57cm Ayr8 for years that I loved and was glued to my head even with the chin strap undone but when I had a new one fitted at Badminton they said I needed the 58cm as it was deeper and would protect the bottom of my skull more. Its always just been too big, even with fitting tape and I feel like i'm wearing a WW2 soliders helmet.

Best to just go to a shop and try them all on, the same brand will fit differently hat to hat and even two of the same hat in the same size form the same make will differ slightly!

Hallo2012

Visit site
I have a KEP, OneK and a Kask en route.

find the OneK and KEP equally comfy and am told the Kask is identical fit to the KEP...............IME KEP is one of the most forgiving and fits a wide rang of head shapes best :)