New Horse - I've Lost The Plot!

Beausmate

Visit site
Last Sunday morning a box arrived in my yard and deposited a funny-looking mare. Gawd knows why I bought her, I don't 'do' mares and she's not my type, plus I wasn't even looking (oops!) and to cap it all, I did something extremely inadvisable and bought her unseen, untried and unvetted. :eek:

I rode her last night. Tense and worried but responsive and quite sweet. She's nice to handle, people friendly, good to catch and seems ok with all the random traffic noise that goes on outside. All her legs point in the right direction and she appears sound. Feet overgrown and very thrushy (thrush now fixed - farrier tomorrow), she's got to seven without any vaccinations, so they've been started and the dentist is out next week to give her gnashers the once over and I expect she will be a lot happier after. :)

The only problem so far, is her desire to pummel the living crap out of the others, although they do seem to be settling down and she's only really trying to eat the Anticob now. I'm hoping that she turns out to be a nice hack and low-level allrounder, I think she just needs a consistent routine and a confidence boost.

Here's hoping my moment of insanity doesn't end in too many tears! :D

Yours,

A Blithering Idiot :eek:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The best of luck with her now...but can I ask why you bought unseen like that when she's on your yard? Be pretty easy to try her first I imagine:)

I read it as she was purchased unseen then arrived at the yard?

Best of luck, bet she'll turn out awesomely. It's always the unexpected ones that are best!

Beausmate

Visit site
She was unseen...until she came off the lorry :) Maybe she should stay unseen - she is a bit, erm, unique in the looks department.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
icon_worthless.gif

Beausmate

Visit site
Don't say I didn't warn you!

WP_20160807_18_48_00_Pro-1_zpstoa6pxia.jpg

Here she is with my big idiot ex-racer. He is seriously chuffed about having a girlfriend, although he is a bit 'Oldest Swinger In Town' :D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I was expecting something akin to Miss Camel (the terribly ill-conformed friesian that starred on the old FHOTD blog) but she looks sweet and certainly has decent hindquarters going from that camera angle! :D

Beausmate

Visit site
A big arse, you mean? :D

I'll put up a face pic. Handsome is, as handsome does and all that...

WP_20160807_09_59_07_Pro-1_zpsndu47dch.jpg

We think she may be Appy x shark

Beausmate

Visit site
She has weird, stiff, long sticky-up ears too. I don't think I've got a BOGOF, she just looks porky in real life... but she hasn't come into a 'oooo, new boys!' season yet. But maybe she's not that much of a tart. Hmmm.

She had two names, one is the official printed one inside the passport and written on the cover; the other is the name she was sold with and is also written on the passport cover.

So, her proper name is Jan and her 'nickname' is pretty insulting.

SpringArising

Visit site
I saw the first photo and thought 'she doesn't look that bad', then I saw the second :D

Still, beauty is as beauty does! I'm sure she'll be fantastic.

Goldenstar

Visit site
A friend had a hunter who looked very similar except much heavier in type it was a great hunter it's looks counted for nothing besides its performance .
Good luck with her .

Hexx

Visit site
I like her!

She's not dissimilar to one I saw a few months ago, but she was a bit green for me. What's her passport name (you can pm me if you like) - I wonder if its the one I saw?

Beausmate

Visit site
I saw the first photo and thought 'she doesn't look that bad', then I saw the second :D

Still, beauty is as beauty does! I'm sure she'll be fantastic.

I hope so! I think you could call her 'striking' :p I dunno if I'd want her being a field ornament, she's a bit abstract! :D

A friend had a hunter who looked very similar except much heavier in type it was a great hunter it's looks counted for nothing besides its performance .
Good luck with her .

thank you. I've known some real clock-stoppers that have been fantastic, sound and reliable hunters. Maybe that could be her forte?

I think she has a thing. All the good ones have a thing :D

Sounds like she's landed on her hooves with you m'duck :D

Oh she has a thing alright... not sure what, mind! :D

I couldn't say what is is about her, I saw her advert and I couldn't stop thinking about her to the point I was losing sleep over it. So, what else could I do? ;)

I just wish she would hurry up and stop battering the poor boys. Yes, they can be pests but she is a right baggage to them. :rolleyes: