New Horse Search proving difficult

onemoretime

Visit site
Wonder if you chaps can help me find a nice new horse, didn't expect to be in this position again but have lost my beautiful boy I bought last year tragically.

Would like an ID/TB or Connie x TB around 4 to 6 years old about 15.2/3 no bigger than 16 hh gelding only must move well and from the shoulder as we do affiliated dressage and be able to hack out alone and generally be a nice person. South east area preferred but will travel for the right horse. We also jump a bit.

Its so difficult trying to find the right horse and we can spend days and fuel trawling the countryside only to find they are not quite right in some way so thought may be some of you will have some ideas. Waiting in anticipation!!!

oldie48

Visit site
Good luck in your search but you are looking for a popular size and type. I'd also said I didn't want anything bigger than 16HH but bought a full up 16.2 TB/ID, he's actually easier to ride than my 16hh as he's narrower and nicely off the leg. My advice would be, don't exclude horses up to 16.2 unless, of course you are absolutely tiny as you are cutting down your options and a genuine horse comes in all sizes.

oldie48

Visit site
Sorry to disagree but many ID and connie crosses move extremely well, it all depends what they are crossed with and the quality of the ID or Connie to start with. Not all WBs have stunning paces either but a good moving horse with a nice temperament and a good work ethic is difficult to find and they tend to come with a big price tag.
What is your budget?

Tbh you may struggle to find an ID x or Connie that moves well.

kassieg

Visit site
My ID x TB mare moves beautifully ! everyone who sees her comments on it

It is the sole reason I bought her as a 2 year old. She has a bigger trot than a lot of horses bigger than her (she's 16hh)

onemoretime

Visit site
Many thanks for your replies and PM from Liane. The horse I lost was connie x TB by Minsmere Sunseeker and had big loose movement so much so that most people including people like Char Lassatter and Andrew Day thought he was a dutch warm blood. Its just finding them that's the problem. I would love another Minsmere Sunseeker if anyone knows of any for sale. Once again very many thanks for your help and keep it coming LOL!!!

onemoretime

Visit site
Thanks everyone who contacted me, I have been putting various adverts on the internet and ringing around and quite a few people have given me leads. Its early days yet but I shall keep trawling on, God its difficult to find what you want, loads of horses but finding that one golden nugget ooooh.