New horse update... ... ...

LauraBR

Visit site
What a gorgeous sweet lovely horse! I'm in love.

He was SO unsettled over the weekend (fair enough) and I had expected him to take at least a few weeks to calm down. A few days later and he is clearly more relaxed, happy even!

Rode him this evening- took him in the school and he was great. Then went for a hack with a friend round huge open fields, circled round and left her to head back on our own, had a canter in an open stubble field... he wasn't bothered about anything! We did gates with me dangling over his neck reaching over... OMG can't remember the last time I did that on a horse!!!!

Having such fun, a very happy girl! and hopefully Sam will be as happy with me as I am with him!
grin.gif
grin.gif

siennamiller

Visit site
I am SOOOO pleased for you. After the amount of effort you put into fal and getting him right, you did the right thing and you deserve to have fun with your new boy. So a BIG YAAAAAAAAAAAY to you
a XXXXX
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
Excellent - I've been worried about you and how you'd get on but it sounds as if he's already restored a lot of yr confidence. You deserve to go out and have fun with him - it's what it's all about!

It's a very different story bringing on a youngster and I think we've coped because we really did land on our feet with P - he's been extremely forgiving and has put up with a lot - which is a rarity in a lot of horses. I'm certain I wouldn't do it again unless I was guaranteed to have something with the same attitude. Wemust get together soon...PM on the way, I have just remembered something...
grin.gif

Ginn

Visit site
Yay! Oh lzt Im so happy to hear you having fun with your neddy at last. You really do deserve it and I am totally chuffed to bits for you! Long may it continue!

ruscara

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Caroline, glad to see the ticker is still creeping up...

[/ QUOTE ]
I will never catch you up though!
grin.gif
Well done you, too!
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Lzt, I am absolutely thrilled that you have found 'the' horse! He sounds perfect for you and you're right, your confidence has come back verty quickly which suggests he truly is the perfect horse!

Well done on your impulse buy!

Prudence

Visit site
I have followed your dealings with both JF and Fal and I honestly cannot think of anyone who deserves a better time with a horse/friend than you!

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Yay!! So pleased to hear its working out with your new boy!! Have followed your challenges with Fal with great interest, and you so deserve to have some fun with your new horse! Just goes to show that you should always trust your gut instinct when buying horses, I did with mine, saw him and just had to buy him!

Sam is gorgeous by the way. Wishing you lots of happy times with him.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Excellent to hear that you are so happy with your new chap.
laugh.gif

This is what owning horses is all about......I think we sometimes lose sight of the fact that we are supposed to be enjoying them in amongst all the worry they cause us
crazy.gif

Here's to many years of great fun together
laugh.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Ahhh that's so good to hear - I'm chuffed to bits for you!
grin.gif

Long may it continue- we're looking forward to hearing all about your antics!
grin.gif

Kate x