New horse...what colour is he?!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
So I finally (after viewing many horses) took the plunge and have a deposit on this guy. Who is, of course, not exactly what I was looking for but perfect in every way 😍 To say I'm thrilled with him would be SERIOUS understatement lol.
Unrecorded breeding but from middle weight hunter type parents, just short of 16hh, 3 years old in June. Nice blank canvas who has had basic handling, farrier etc. A ton of personality :)
He is passported as yellow dun but, while I'm very ignorant on the specifics/genetics of color, he doesn't have a dorsal stripe?? Does this mean he is buckskin??

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
My long terms plans are to have fun!!! Lol. Seriously, I don't have any huge ambition but I'd like to get back to jumping and maybe have the odd blast around XC. I guess I'll see how he progresses :)

JenniD

Visit site
Hopeless on colours but just wanted to say how smart he is x
So I finally (after viewing many horses) took the plunge and have a deposit on this guy. Who is, of course, not exactly what I was looking for but perfect in every way 😍 To say I'm thrilled with him would be SERIOUS understatement lol.
Unrecorded breeding but from middle weight hunter type parents, just short of 16hh, 3 years old in June. Nice blank canvas who has had basic handling, farrier etc. A ton of personality :)
He is passported as yellow dun but, while I'm very ignorant on the specifics/genetics of color, he doesn't have a dorsal stripe?? Does this mean he is buckskin??

Wow! He's a stunner! no good on colours either but he looks like a buckskin. Have a fabulous time with him.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thanks everyone. He's gone onto the sales yard from the home he was born at and has lived in a field up til now. His owner/breeder is an older lady with some health issues so was unfortunately (But luckily for me!) unable to continue with her original plans for him.
Because the lady is also very small this young man has gotten away with being somewhat rude in pulling her around etc. He nibbles at you constantly, very in your face BUT there is no malice, he's simply full of himself and young. He just needs to be taught how to behave appropriately with humans.
I'm just going to take things slowly and carefully with him. I think kindness and consistency will win the day :)