New Horse

ginnyspinner

Visit site
I have just sold my lovely TB boy as have been looking for a hunter type instead - going to see a 16.3 Piebald gelding on Monday, 5 yr old, apparantly good in all ways. He is a warmblood type - quite chunky, green but willing, what price do you reckon, and how soon can i introduce him to hunting?

Does anyone suffer prejudice from having a coloured horse? Everyone on our yard seems to be anti piebald/skewbald, quite like em myself, surely a good horse with a kind eye should count more than its colour?

Bri

Visit site
mad.gif
Don't get me started on the anti-coloured thing!!! Drives me mad. Personally I think coloureds are stunning and would never willingly chose to own another horse that wasn't a coloured!!

Pricewise- hard to say without knowing breeding, what he's done etc? Good luck with it though!

ginnyspinner

Visit site
Thanks, breeding unknown, he has not done much except hack out (110% in traffic they say) do basic flatwork and pop a small fence. They are asking 2795 ono - do you think it sounds reasonable? Supposed to be good box, shoe, catch etc and kind natured.

Really excited though, been a while since I rode anything that wasn't a bit mental!!

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
mad.gif
Don't get me started on the anti-coloured thing!!! Drives me mad. Personally I think coloureds are stunning and would never willingly chose to own another horse that wasn't a coloured!!

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Everyone seems to want a coloured round here? Seem totally fashionable rather than the other way around?!?

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Anti colours?? Whats that... Never heard of that one before..?

Colours go for stupid money!!

I think its the coloureds owned by the top show jumpers that started the fashion craz!!

KatB

Visit site
I love coloureds too, though theyre bl**dy common now! Sounds a good price to me for a hunter/allrounder. If it is genuine, that type could sell all day long.

sunny123

Visit site
I love them aswell, i think they are stunning! I have heard the odd 'gypsy horse' remark though, which is just stupid, i love them!

RunToEarth

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone suffer prejudice from having a coloured horse? Everyone on our yard seems to be anti piebald/skewbald, quite like em myself, surely a good horse with a kind eye should count more than its colour?

[/ QUOTE ]
I hated coloureds. When I was looking for a horse in 05 I specified my search to no coloureds and no mares. Guess what I got? A coloured. I love him, he is so different, you can spot him first in all the pro photo boards and he doesnt need freezmarking.
In all seriousness, many associate coloureds with Gypsy horses and such, but they are actually making a huuuge comeback, and I love mine to bits, a good horse is never a bad colour, and mine is a very good horse. As for intro into hunting, let him settle in and then choose a quiet meet to ease him in.

KatB

Visit site
Oh mine is a true TBx pyky pony!! But I adore him, and am slightly biased as BOTH my horses have been coloured..... never had any prejudice for either mine, infact most people adore G, and my ponies talent spoke for itself on the hunting field, even with feathers!! Ignore any stupid remarks, a good horse is a good horse regardless of whether it has pink spots!!

cariadssogreat

Visit site
I would always prefer a coloured TBH! I sold mine this time last year, Identical type to the one you are viewing only differences maybe being he was 2 years older ( but still green) and had shown to county level in hand well - but I put him up for £4 and got my hands ripped off - 100 calls in 3 days - having put him in H&H. Prices for coloured competition types are always on th up it seems

Parkranger

Visit site
Sounds like an ok price definately....do you think you'd find it hard riding a more 'stable' horse though? I'd miss the buzz of a TB (even though he's safe, he has his moments!)