New horse

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Zara my new zales pony is coming hime tomorrow, i will be at school when she comes but my instructor will put her in the stable for me. her bed, hay, water etc is all sorted. after school i am going to see her but i was just wondering how to settle her in, should i ride her? or walk her on the lead rein? thankyou in advance

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Zara my new zales pony

Dales?

A new pony, how exciting for you! :D Congratulations, I hope that she settles in quickly.

I always leave mine for a few days before I ride, but that is partly because I've never bought an adult horse that came with tack so I needed to get the saddle fitter in. :)

soulfull

Visit site
how exciting for you

I wouldn't ride her tomorrow but I would the day after. try and keep her routine similar to what she was used to add the old yard. Often riding them makes them see nothing has changed, they are still there to do a job so to speak

hope you have lots of fun

starryeyed

Visit site
How exciting! I personally wouldn't ride on the first day as your new pony will probably be unsettled and maybe a bit nervous/excited about being in a new environment but perhaps something light & easy over the weekend as you suggested. Agree that keeping her in a routine as close to the one she had at her old home will really help her to settle and be more comfortable. Perhaps just spend some time with her when you go up after school, groom her and talk to her and start bonding :) Would also love to see pictures!

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Thanks everybody she has made lots of new friends as well:) she wasnt very happy though when i left her in the stable.
sorry if the pictures are big, and please excuse the photo of me i wasnt ready
newpic.jpg

20120328_164133.jpg

20120328_164114.jpg
20120328_161301.jpg

ill have more tomorrow

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Aww bless you both look so sweet! I could pinch your lil' cheeks! very nice and good luck with new horse :)

Amaranta

Visit site
Ooooh I love the last photo, you both look so sweet.

You are going to have lots of fun with her I am sure :)

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Thankyou everybody:) its like we have known each other forever she is always looking for me when i leave her:) i had a lovely ride today she was an angel, i am so pleased with her