New Job - Groom

Rhodey

Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

Starting a grooming job on Monday. Working for Derek Morton I think thats how it's spelt. I have only ever hepled out with grooming not on a full time basis.

Has anyone got any hints or tips for my first day.

Thanks

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
get a good night's sleep, fuel up on coffee, be prepared to feel like a sack of potatoes that night (so have a very hot bath to soothe away the aches), but most of all... listen, smile and have fun!

Rhodey

Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Ill go buy some Radox tomorrow. I shouldnt be that knackered as my job I have just left was at a Builders Merchant.

Rhodey

Visit site
SJ. The 2 people that run it are derek and geoff Glossard. I think thats how you spell his second name.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
never heard of them
blush.gif

Rhodey

Visit site
TBH i'm not sure, I know I wont to work with horses but in which specific field I'm not 100%. I think this job will show me a few different possabilties.

sham

Visit site
I always wanted to work with horses. I worked my 'way up' through groom jobs..if that's possible?! IE I started off at a riding school, private yard, stud then was about to start at an int. event yard before I decided it wasn't for me.
Best choice I made, though I don't regret any of it, and I'm still going to attempt to work my way through the BHS stages and become an instructor, but only part time.

It was certainly an eye opener and valuable in helping me deciding my career

Rambled a bit there..sorry!

Rhodey

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I always wanted to work with horses. I worked my 'way up' through groom jobs..if that's possible?! IE I started off at a riding school, private yard, stud then was about to start at an int. event yard before I decided it wasn't for me.
Best choice I made, though I don't regret any of it, and I'm still going to attempt to work my way through the BHS stages and become an instructor, but only part time.

It was certainly an eye opener and valuable in helping me deciding my career

Rambled a bit there..sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what career did you decide on?

sham

Visit site
I'm currently a support worker for Mencap, and I'm studying towards doing social work. Totaly different from what I always wanted to do!

Rhodey

Visit site
Sounds like an interesting job. If your happy in your job you cant wish for anything else. Expect for more money we all want that lol