New livery yard problems

Mary3050

Visit site
Looking for advice .
So we are due to move to a small yard in the next week. I am slightly nerves about moving as my horses have a few issues. YO seems very understanding and willing to help. I really feel she will try to do her best for my horses .

However a few day ago after arrangement with YO we when up to the yard to being electric fencing our field . We have been to the yard to view a few time and both times we where told a set field would be for my horse plus YO shetland and small pony which are all geldings . So as discussed with YO we being electric fencing .However we arrived to find a horse in the field although YO asked them to leave field free . Owner of said horse basically tried everything to not have to move her horse . So we just got on with it working around horse however she wouldn’t let us attach tap as apparently it would scare her horse . Then to make matters worse she’s starts having a go at us moaning she’s not going to be able to get through an we need to make her a walk way . That I need to go get bigger posts as these aren’t big enough for her 16 h horse and that’s she doesn’t like how it’s spilt . I then said well on previous discussion with YO she said that ur mare was going to have 3 other smaller paddocks instead of one large one . She then starts saying I don’t see why you should get the best grazing . The paddocks aren’t very diffent grazing wise however due to one horse medical requirement we need this field as he’s on a track system on the edge and my others graze inside which is split into two . YO non horses partner then got involved and told use to re do it all as other livery wanted it . Which We did but could accommodate a track system.

After starting to re do field and fencing . YO arrived back and comes to see me and I explained the problem . Well she was not very impressed and then tells us to do it how we had discussed with her previously. As she said she had already discussed with other livery 3 time re field situation. She then went to see the livery and I walked to my car to hear them having an argument.

The field is now as we need it . However this has made me more anxious about the move . As I already feel like the other livery is going to hate me and it’s only a very small yard . Is it just a teething problem ? Any advice to would be Appreciated.

whiteflower

Visit site
Sounds like you need/want a very complex set up for your horses. I can understand how this will be difficult on a livery yard whilst sharing a field with others and can understand other existing liveries may not be happy that you are coming in and setting the field to suit you if there horse is already out there.
However if that's what the yo agreed then that's what they agreed......I would just confirm with the yard owner again that she is happy for you to have the set up you require just incase you find out in a few months time when the yo has had Hassel from other liveries the goal posts may change..... Doesnt sound like a great start to a new yard and understand why you are concerned

dogatemysalad

Visit site
It's not your fault. The YO should have discussed the specific details of the new arrangement to the existing livery before you arrived. Sometimes YO promise new clients everything while taking existing liveries needs for granted. I feel sorry that both of you have been put in this position. Hopefully, the dust will settle and you'll get to know each other because DiYers need each other. Good luck.

Mary3050

Visit site
I know it’s a very difficult situation but we’re following vets advice . It’s not technically a livery yard but a friend stables with 2 other liveries plus me . But YO has said again this is how she wants the field split and it has now be discussed agin with both liveries . We are only moving to our friends as her old boys being retired and one recently PTS . I am surggling to work all my 3 and accommodate for one horse specific work plan set by vet . So the YO is going to be riding them and looking after then with me like she would her own . What’s more confusing is the field in the question was where YO Kept her horse and that the other livery was just grazing it a little while and it wasn’t meant to be for her permantly . Thanks for the advice x

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
It sounds to me very much like you are moving on more as YO's friend and for her to help/share your horses with her even if you are paying livery charges? Sorry if I have misunderstood that?

If this is the case and you are also using field given to you by YO to use as she has lost her own horse and retired the other? So really a very different set up to normal livery terms? If this is the case I do think YO needs to make it very clear to the other livery that she is now part sharing/helping you with your horses, and this set up is what she has agreed to and wants, and that other livery will not try and interfere with her arrangements for her enjoyment of you horses and your enjoyment too.

Basically other livery needs to wind her neck in before she finds herself out grazing the long acre ;)