New mirrors for lorries

archoak

Visit site
Had some work done on my lorry today at Highbury Horseboxes and asked about the new mirrors re H&H a few weeks ago. At the moment they will only be on one side and will cost about £100 plus fitting - oh joy
frown.gif

nomini

Visit site
Yeh tell me about it, we just bought a new lorry, is an X reg so comes into the new regulations
frown.gif
have bought the mirrors off the internet, now need to have them fitted, more money...!!
frown.gif

archoak

Visit site
Gutted LOL Thought would just ignore it and not do anything but Dave has a whole leaflet about them
grin.gif
Do you like your new lorry?

Rosiefan

Visit site
Rosie's Dad fitted them to their HGV lorry when they went to Jardy and thinks they're a real blessing - fwiw

nomini

Visit site
Yes i love my new lorry thanks! Is so much nicer to drive than my old one and seems to give the horses a much smoother ride! Even cooked ourselves lunch on sunday! Sure the novelty will wear off lol! Off to towerlands on sunday
smile.gif
When's Jacks first event of the season?

lizzieb

Visit site
Our lorry is a P-reg non-HGV and came with these mirrors. I have to say the wide angle one is so useful but I never use the kerb one!

Fiona

Visit site
Someone copied the govt requirements into a post in NL, and there was an exemption for lorries where they would be at a height of less than 2m when fitted.

Ours is a 6.5t Iveco daily (slopy fronted cab), so I think we should get away without them as existing mirrors def less than 2m from the ground.

Fiona

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
My lorry falls into the category BUT I got the steel tape measure out today and if the mirrors were fitted so no part of them were lower than two metres I would not be able to see them so am therefore exempt. The lorry in question is a Iveco 75E15 on a 2001 plate.

Please read the whole document including the exclusions, you may save yourself some money. The information is available on both the VOSA site and www.ohto.co.uk read the bold print and the table below it.

Oldred

Visit site
Can anyone clarify for me......my Ford Iveco Daily 5ton horsebox is T reg though it was only converted to a horsebox in Jan 09. Excluding the height thing which I don't know whether its 2m or not to mirrors, does that mean it doesn't need the new mirrors? When the regs say first registered, are they meaning the chassis/engine/original lorry as opposed to its new life as a horsebox?

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My lorry falls into the category BUT I got the steel tape measure out today and if the mirrors were fitted so no part of them were lower than two metres I would not be able to see them so am therefore exempt. The lorry in question is a Iveco 75E15 on a 2001 plate.

Please read the whole document including the exclusions, you may save yourself some money. The information is available on both the VOSA site and www.ohto.co.uk read the bold print and the table below it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw i might be ok then, going to take the meausring tape up there tomorrow!
smile.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I'm lucky my F reg is exempt , but can I make a suggestion?
I haven't cracked a mirror since I had steel guards fitted to the front of the mirrors, they just cut a mirror shape out and fixed it to the bar, when you hit a branch the plate takes the whack not the expensive mirror...

mil1212

Visit site
Thats useful to know, thanks MrsT, I have a 75e15 2001 and have kept meaning to get out the tape measure, I had a feeling it'd not be 2 meters high.
Our old lorry had a kerb mirror and I found it created a blind spot and was next to useless, when a lorry came hurtling towards me on a narrow road, I swerved a little into a hedge row and it smashed
crazy.gif
so was no more!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I thought that my lorry (X-Reg Daf 7.5 ton) would have needed the new mirrors but I checked it out using this website:
http://www.checkyourmirror.com/

All you need is the make of your lorry & the chassis number & it will tell you if you need to fit the new mirrors........ fortunately I don't need them. All I have fitted are the two wing mirrors & the wide angle on tjhe passenger door looking down towards the pavement. It's well worth checking out the website before committing yourself to the expense.
wink.gif

archoak

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My lorry is T reg so I don't need them. I may look for some cheap ones for safety though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ours us W reg and apparently we do.

christine48

Visit site
Mine has them on they are fantastic no blind spots anywhere (want them in the car now). Seriously though they are well worth getting even if your lorry is older than 2000.