New (old) pony

JoannaC

Visit site
I bought a section A for my nephew back in 2005, I say I bought I ponies for my nephews but they were for me really, well I definitely got more enjoyment out of them than they did! Anyway he soon gave up but I had a little girl sharing him and I took her to pony club and shows and we had a great time. When she moved onto something more forward I reluctantly sold him and nine months later bought him back when they decided he was too steady. Another young girl loaned him at our yard and we again had a lovely time but at only 11hh we ran out of children so he went away on full loan and they ended up buying him in 2010. When we first moved here and had our own land I wondered where he was and managed to track him down with the thought of offering him a retirement home but transpired he was still very much being ridden and enjoying pony club. Roll on to this year and the lady I sold him contacted me to let me know he needed his final home so of course I said send him to me. So at the grand old age of 28 he is back with me. Not sure how long he'll be with us but it's so lovely having him here and knowing he's had lovely homes in between. First pic when I had him originally
Bridget and Ash (2).jpeg

Ash and Cyril.jpg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
How lovely ? that's made me a bit teary in a good way.

I learnt to ride on a white section A absolutely loved him so they have a special place in my heart ❤ I call them mini Arab's

JoannaC

Visit site
How lovely ? that's made me a bit teary in a good way.

I learnt to ride on a white section A absolutely loved him so they have a special place in my heart ❤ I call them mini Arab's

I always call them mini Arabs too, I had a section B as a child and she was definitely a mini Arab and probably the reason as an adult I only ever end up with grey arabs!

meleeka

Visit site
That’s lovely. A word of warning though, I took on an elderly pony (who looks scarily similar to yours). She was at least late 20’s so I figured I could give her a nice end and it wouldn’t be a long commitment, so no big deal. That was 4 years ago, somehow she’s reversed the aging process and is currently the healthiest in my field!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I bought a section A for my nephew back in 2005, I say I bought I ponies for my nephews but they were for me really, well I definitely got more enjoyment out of them than they did! Anyway he soon gave up but I had a little girl sharing him and I took her to pony club and shows and we had a great time. When she moved onto something more forward I reluctantly sold him and nine months later bought him back when they decided he was too steady. Another young girl loaned him at our yard and we again had a lovely time but at only 11hh we ran out of children so he went away on full loan and they ended up buying him in 2010. When we first moved here and had our own land I wondered where he was and managed to track him down with the thought of offering him a retirement home but transpired he was still very much being ridden and enjoying pony club. Roll on to this year and the lady I sold him contacted me to let me know he needed his final home so of course I said send him to me. So at the grand old age of 28 he is back with me. Not sure how long he'll be with us but it's so lovely having him here and knowing he's had lovely homes in between. First pic when I had him originally
View attachment 90647

View attachment 90650
This has made me very happy tonight.

Jellymoon

Visit site
What a fabulous and heart-warming story! He looks amazing. I’ve just had pics of our old pony who is out on loan and she looks amazing, like she’s had a new lease of life with her new little people. Keeps them going I think.

JoannaC

Visit site
That’s lovely. A word of warning though, I took on an elderly pony (who looks scarily similar to yours). She was at least late 20’s so I figured I could give her a nice end and it wouldn’t be a long commitment, so no big deal. That was 4 years ago, somehow she’s reversed the aging process and is currently the healthiest in my field!
Ha ha well it would be handy if he could live long enough to see my older arab mare out so I can ride the other one!

Sealine

Visit site
I love this story. Reminds me of a friend who sold her children's outgrown section A mare. About 15 years later she was contacted by someone who owned her but no longer needed her and didn't want to sell her on. My friend took the pony back and she is currently on loan to a local family with two little girls.