new riding hat?

Dougie

Visit site
any recommendations??

nothing to expensive just for general riding and hacking...but as its me i has to look good!
smirk.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I got one of those Troxel ones for Christmas and have worn it for several rides now...it is great...light weight, not expensive and has vents in to prevent sweaty head problems...like mine!!! I have the bright pink one that stands out well when hacking too!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
I got a cheapie Dublin one a while ago, wasn't sure about how good it would be but I have actually tried it out - landed on my head on the concrete from quite a height and I'm still here so it must be good. Not too mushroom head shaped either.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I never understand why people have a 'best' hat for competitions when they ride every day in a not so great hat - surely it is much better to have an expensive hat which will provide you with the best protection for the majority of the time you are in the saddle?

I_A_P

Visit site
i must say i love my charles owen j3, it fit me perfectly and althought it is more expernsive than some i think its areound about £80 it is so comfy and after riding in that nothing else feels right!!

definatly worth a try!

JaneMBE

Visit site
well, I have a C O pink and grey hat Dougie, suit you!! lol lol...bets fit ever and so chavvy
laugh.gif
But.. :whispers: 129 quid
blush.gif

teapot

Visit site
Ditto the GR8 - although mine is in a tasteful black and very dark grey!

Mine was cheaper at get discount at saddlery. But you're looking at around £120 - worth it though.

Can't fault Charles Owen hats

JaneMBE

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ditto the GR8 - although mine is in a tasteful black and very dark grey!

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuse me Teapot.... tasteful? How can pink n grey not be tasteful?
shocked.gif
:wounded: :hurt:
tongue.gif
:
tongue.gif
:

kirstyfk

Visit site
I think it just depends on what fits your head! It id really only champion hats which fit and santa is hopefully bringing me a ventair skull cap when he gets round to ordering it of the internet as no-one seems to stock it!

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I never understand why people have a 'best' hat for competitions when they ride every day in a not so great hat - surely it is much better to have an expensive hat which will provide you with the best protection for the majority of the time you are in the saddle?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree with you completely! Some people at my yard ride in a really manky hat that they have had for years and fallen off in a million times, and they keep their brand new £200 hat to ride for 5 minutes round a SJ round or dressage test etc just so it doesn't get ruined. I have a champion ventair for everyday and a champion ventair for shows. Just the one i use for shows looks newer than my everyday one, but both were bought at exactly the same time!