New Sabre reins seem very short!!!

Stella

Visit site
I bought some new Sabre reins (£33). They came in a choice of Pony or Full. Full was listed as 54", I didn't give it a lot of thought, assuming that all full length reins would be more or less the same length. However, these seem very short I can probably get used to them, fortunately we don't do much 'buckle end', but if we did, Flora wouldn't be impressed They are plaited and on anything other than a short contact, I am holding the smooth bit (and when I say bit, I mean bit) beyond the plaiting! I can't even send them back because the length was clearly stated and they actually measure a fair bit longer than 54" (I guess I'm measuring beyond the point they do)

I just wondered what others have found in the different length of reins

JAK

Visit site
Tell me about it - it's bl**dy infuriating, isn't it?
frown.gif

CB has a Stubben 'cob' bridle , which came with reins!
Wanted to replace them with Stubben laced ones (daughter's choice, as she finds them 'grippier'! LOL)
Don't do 'cob' reins, so ordered 'full'.
When they came, they were shorter than the ones that originally came with his 'cob' bridle! Huh?
confused.gif

ExRacers

Visit site
Know what you mean! I have a long necked 17hh TB who came with his own bridle & reins were perfect. When I went to replace them everything I saw was about 6-8 inches shorter. However an enlightened saddler told me I needed the Jeffries point to point reins which was absolutely correct - same length as my old ones and plenty distance to the buckle end if required!!! Think they were about £40 but still going strong now. Hope this helps!