New Saddle needed.......suggestions please....

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I have got to get a new saddle by the end of August (too long and boring a story but basically the saddle I am using at the moment is on loan to me and they need it back then!)

I don't have a large budget, £500 approx, and I would really like to get a leather one. Will I get a decent second hand one for that?

I don't want to buy one of ebay or similar as I know absolutley squat about saddles and need the advise of a saddler for fit etc.

Do I really need to think again about a leather one or should I just reside myself to getting a Wintec (what I am using at the moment)

Thanks
grin.gif

vic07

Visit site
I think you will get a second hand leather one. We have an albion GP for sale that is less than that figure.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am after a 17 1/2" medium saddle. Unfortunatley I don't think that I know enough or feel confident enough to buy a saddle unless I have professional advise. Shame but I dont want to drop a wotsit
blush.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
definitely get one fitted, I have learnt from bad experience recently - it isn't worth it. You should be able to get second hand leather one for that price me thinks.
smile.gif

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your offers of your own saddles but I really would not know if I was buying the correct one!!I know that I am using a 17 1/2" blue gullet (medium?) gullet Wintec GP at the moment but I don't know if all saddles come up the same
confused.gif
I liked the look of the saddlecompany ones that Spaniel suggested, I also spoke to my Instructor this morning and she has suggested the same saddle fitter that I was intending on getting out. She is also in agreement with you who say that I should get a nice 2nd hand leather one for £500.

I am going to book him up for a fortnights time and see what he has
grin.gif

lizstuguinness

Visit site
do try ebay. you may find that there is a saddlery near to you that will come out, alternativly im getting 4 saddles sent to me from an ebay seller, then im getting an independant fitter out for 50.00 and he's going to tell me which one to use.

i am getting every saddle for less than 400, all leather, brand new, jumping saddles, one with adjustable tree.

tried my local saddlers and they want over 500 for secondhand GP, dont realy do sj saddles, stuff that.

ring around