new show jacket needed

seaview

Visit site
I have finally admitted to myself that my jacket is a bit tight and I need to buy a new tweed jacket, I know Alexander and James have some lovely ones does anyone else have any ideas where I could look online?
Thanks in advance,
Natalie

kelly676

New User
Visit site
My friend was in a panic recently - her and husband were officiating at a show and he had no jacket that fit and the wife had nothing at all! They tried everywhere - Nothing. Finally they found Class Equestrian, who supplied a hacking jacket which turned out to be the first jacket that really fitted him well, and the wife got the Avalon jacket. Both in record time, made to measure. I will now be buying a dressage coat from them too, as the cloth, quality and workmanship of these jackets was superb. If you need it here is the link http://www.classequestrian.com

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
It really depends on your body type as to which is best for you. Even with the made to measure, some jackets fit differently to others. Mrs Candy and Equiport looks awful on me, Alexander James looks great and Designer Browbands have a range of cuts as well as sizes. Pretty Ponies are too short for my backside. You really need to go to HOYS or one of the other big shows and try on different makes. You also need to try on different weight fabrics as this can also make a massive difference.

No matter who recommends a jacket, until you try one on you will be lucky to find exactly what you are looking for!

However, AJ, Designer Browbands, Mrs Candy and Pretty Ponies have an excellent selection of tweed.

Class Equestrian (never heard of them and just had a peek at their website) don't seem to have a selection of cloth and offer only brown, green and navy.