new show jumping rules!!!

jowarner1

New User
Visit site
Hi, Please can anyone help! Im just gettin back into show jumping at local level, only to find half the rules have changed, to be expected i suppose!! Does anyone know of a site i can download a copy or is my only choice to go and buy the new rule book? Or can anybody e mail me the basic ones, ie- knock downs, refusal 1 2 3, where an elimination is now concerned.
Any info wil be much appreciated!!

Benefice1

Visit site
I always thought that the refusals had to be at the same fence to get eliminated i.e. 3 refusals at same fence = out (although it is now 2 refusals!). or is it 2 refusals anywhere round the course i.e. 1 at one fence and then 1 at another?!?
confused.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Also if anyone has their BSJA book out - is it true that they banned Mountain Horse Sportive long boots?

Seems to be a rumour, and not on BSJA website.

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Best thing to do is to ask - or jump affil and then it never changes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you go away for 18 years and come back and find it's all changed
tongue.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Also if anyone has their BSJA book out - is it true that they banned Mountain Horse Sportive long boots?

Seems to be a rumour, and not on BSJA website.

[/ QUOTE ]

They certainly have banned some sort of Mountain Horse long boots. There was an article in H&H about a year ago about it I think...

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
or jump affil and then it never changes!

[/ QUOTE ]

But but but those jumps are way toooooooooo big for a chicken like me!!!!

Bri

Visit site
Tried searching for the article...does anyone know exactly which ones?
Bought a pair of sportive high riders and was told they would be fine to showjump in
mad.gif
Bloody Typical!

Scarlett

Visit site
can anyone enlighten me as too why they banned the mountain horse high riders - thats what I jump in and was hoping to affiliate next year - feel uncomfortable in any other boots.....

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
can anyone enlighten me as too why they banned the mountain horse high riders - thats what I jump in and was hoping to affiliate next year - feel uncomfortable in any other boots.....

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's to do with the strength of the zipping system, and the fact that they might burst open over a jump....maybe talking complete tosh though
tongue.gif