New to forums - help!!!

LaurenBowden

New User
Visit site
Hi, another newbie here!! Can anyone tell me how I add pics of my gorgeous boy with his mad mane on here?? <span style="color:blue"> </span>

Bess

Visit site
If you go to the picture gallery forum there is quite detailed advice there in a sticky at the top of the forum. Best thing is to have a Photobucket account and put the pics on from there.

mandy4727

Visit site
You need to set up a photobucket.com account. It is free. You have to upload the pictures from your computer onto photobucket. You do this when you have created an account. Then click the browse button and get them from your comuter. Then put a tick in the box of the pictures you want to upload. When you have the ticks, go to the bottom of the page and press the Generate HTML and IMG code button. This takes you to a second page. Go down to the 4th one which is IMG images for message boards. Highlight all the text, richt click your mouse and copy all this text everything from start to finish. Then go back to horse and hound website and when you have typed your text ie this is Fred he is 15.2hh etc etc. Right click your mouse again and past. You can preview and your pictures "should" be there. You can also on the second page of photobucket highlight the IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended. But the pictures are usually a bit small. Hope his helps. Probably not but you never know. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

LaurenBowden

New User
Visit site
Hey that's great, thanks for the help! Only had my Murphy a couple of months after 15 years of being out of horses but he is such a star and looks after me. He is nicknamed 'Lion King' on the yard due to his unruly mane so I'd like to give everyone a giggle and put a couple of pics on!!

mandy4727

Visit site
It will take you about 5 mins. Get another glass of wine and off you go!!!!!!!!!!!!That is what I am doing and then off to bed. Back to work in the morning!!!!!!!UGGG. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hey look at this for a mane.
ColourvilleCalanthe.jpg

mandy4727

Visit site
That was when mine was a baby. It isn't like that anymore!!!
This is now after the brilliant mane thinners from Supreme products - no I don't work for them!!!!
calli-1.jpg

Yep large vodka sounds great!!!!!!!!!

LaurenBowden

New User
Visit site
Sounds great and looks good - I am at a loss what to do with his it is soooo thick and just falls in a centre parting onto both sides of his neck! His previous owner had a miserable attempt at pulling it but only got a 3rd of the way before having to admit defeat as it was too thick to do. As you can imagine it looks FABULOUS now - not!!!

mandy4727

Visit site
My old gelding is like that. Same thickness on both sides. We can him Tartan Two Manes. But as he is 39 and we don't do anything with him, just thin it out a bit so he is comfortable when it was hot. How long ago was that!!!!!!!!!! But come winter it is back again twice as thick!!!!

LaurenBowden

New User
Visit site
What a great age your gelding is, he must be a much loved member of the family. Am off to try this photo site and I pity you at work tomorrow - I'm off to Derby House and then to watch the jumping at our local evening venue - I'll fit riding in there somewhere too! Thanks for chatting and see you soon with pics to show.