New to Here:)

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm from the North-East, I've been into horses all my life as my Mam had and amazing horse Copper, which sadly passed away in 2011:( Fortunately my Grandad & Grandma has 2 absolutely stunners, I do get to ride them occasionally, anyways the weathers rubbish! Well I know a bit of the Horsy Life, Mucking out, Poo Picking, Feed, Water, Saddle, Bridle. But I need to know more and get better at my riding skills as I have a fun ride in Chopwell Woods in a couple of month. I got recommended here by Flirtygerty. So I would like to see the advice I will be getting on here:)

By the way I'm 13, Male

Last edited:

millikins

Visit site
Hello and welcome. The obvious answer to improve your skills is to have some lessons, perhaps on your Grandparents' horses, many instructors are prepared to travel to you. Try looking up your nearest Pony Club branch, you don't say if you have access to transport but you could attend stable management lessons on foot, if your face gets known, someone may well offer help with transport to mounted rallies.

TrasaM

Visit site
134417_welcome.gif

Hello.. Yep can't have too many lessons as long as they are given by the right people.

Visit site
My Grandad is an amazing rider, he teaches me to a tea! With all the correct leg positions and how to control the horse. I don't want a Horse taking off with me when I am on rides. The 2 horses I ride Pippin and Bruce are good horses to ride for training.
Bruce-9 Year Old Bay Cross Trotter
Pippin-19 Year Old Dark Bay Warmblood
Hopefully this bad weather will clear so I can get some more rides in. We are covered with a sprinkle of snow!
Thank for giving me a pleasant start to this website with the good advice. I hope I have a pleasant experience on HHO