New weekend plans!

Wheels

Visit site
Its Thursday! Early and I'm sat at Balmoral show having my breakfast after a 4.45am start.

M is in his temp stable, a little bit on edge but he'll get regular checks and leg stretches.

We are doing the connemara working hunter later on today. This size and style of show is new to both of us so not hoping for ribbons, just for a nice relaxed day (well as relaxed as possible in the circumstances anyway)

Light schooling session and hack fri / sat then xc schooling on Sunday all being well.

What's everyone up to?

Northern

Visit site
I'll add mine here so we don't all get confused!

I am rather excited because I am moving back home this weekend and can finally crack on with my horses!
And in true crack on fashion, have just entered L the Haflinger into her first one day event and first ever outing! We'll be in the 45cm class if we get as far as the jumping stage, just taking it by ear and will not hesitate to scratch if I feel she isn't ready. But it should be a good experience for her :) Plus supporting a very drought stricken area will help our events keep going until we get some better years.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
It's cold here this weekend! Henry and I are going dressaging on Saturday all by ourselves because Hubby is judging all day somewhere else. Henry got a bath last night while it was still warm because he was so dusty and dirty! Hubby snapped the pic of me washing by headlight.

Sunday I think will be a quiet ride out at home.

Have fun everyone!

Attachments

• Henry bath dark 1.jpg
    Henry bath dark 1.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 13

Abi90

Visit site
Got combined training on Saturday. We’re in a class against the person who wanted to shoot my horse and labelled her with an attitude problem so that should be interesting!!

Then on Saturday we have a lesson which should be good.

But all this depends on my car being back from the garage otherwise I have no transport!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I have an unaffiliated ODE with Rocky on sunday.. eekk o_O
I'm looking forward to it as it'll be a nice change from our usual dressage... hoping that he will be feeling brave with the jumping side of things and remember that he jumped a very scary (apparently) dachshund a couple of weeks ago so surely he can conquer anything :D

6-05-2019-08-57-28.JPGGood Luck everyone!!

Wheels

Visit site
It's cold here this weekend! Henry and I are going dressaging on Saturday all by ourselves

good luck - I'm pretty much always on my own competing, could do with a hand sometimes but ive got it all down to a fine art now. People at shows are usually very helpful, hold the horse while I nip to the loo or walk the course which is very nice of them

Reactions: TPO

Wheels

Visit site
I have an unaffiliated ODE with Rocky on sunday.. eekk o_O
I'm looking forward to it as it'll be a nice change from our usual dressage... hoping that he will be feeling brave with the jumping side of things and remember that he jumped a very scary (apparently) dachshund a couple of weeks ago so surely he can conquer anything :D

View attachment 32478Good Luck everyone!!

That's a brilliant jump!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
That's a brilliant jump!

Brilliant isn't it!!:p he found this the most terrifying out of the whole course:rolleyes: numpty!!
Good luck to day wheels would love to see some photos as both mine are connies (above bay is ISH x Connie and i have a purebred Connie grey in pic but she is very slight) .. love them!!

Last edited:

scats

Visit site
My wagon should be back this weekend!

The girls are having a few days off after their visit from the vet chiro on Tuesday and then I’ve got a hen do on Friday night so I’ve decided to leave riding now til Saturday.

Vet chiro was over the moon with Polly and couldn’t believe it was the same horse. She’s sound, comfortable and happy and only needed a relatively minor amount of work doing, which is amazing considering how bad she was last year. Time and rest really is the best healer. I feel like we have made a huge difference to that horses life and that was all I ever wanted to do for her.
The fact that she is happy and sound doing light work is just the icing on the cake for me.

zaminda

Visit site
Good luck today Wheels!! We are off to Exmoor on Saturday, for our 80k on Sunday. We are staying about 20 minutes from the venue so should be a great weekend. Winnie has been a bit awkward this week, I think she is in season, having been nappy on Monday, and then thoroughly awkward with the lad I let hack her out occasionally yesterday! That however normally means she will be fab come the weekend, she really is a battleaxe, but that's what makes her her.
I'm also hoping to give the pony a spin before I go on Saturday, as he has been hugely fresh recently, and Winnie frightened him a bit yesterday with her antics, so don't really want him having two days off!!
Have fun everyone!!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Going out with the local heavy horse club for a pleasure drive Sunday. Not been around heavies since losing my boy at Christmas, aside from the three at a show a fortnight ago where I ended up crying into the mane of the mare who best him at his last show which was very undignified just because her owners asked where my lad was.

I have driven in the past, but never a shire! Luckily his owner is riding shotgun and has promised to grab the reins if there's a problem...which there won't be, he's a super working horse who knows his job.

I have warned everyone I'm liable to be over emotional!

Orchard14

Visit site
Got combined training on Saturday. We’re in a class against the person who wanted to shoot my horse and labelled her with an attitude problem so that should be interesting!!

Kick some a** ;)
Fingers crossed for the car

Rosemary28

Visit site
No pony stuff for me, car service first thing Saturday morning, might manage a quick drive but then am off for a reunion with uni friends to drink wine and watch Eurovision... which might mean Sunday is a little bit of a write-off...!

Hope everyone has fun, good luck to all competing :)

Chippers1

Visit site
Not much for me, hoping to get my box back and if I do I will go and hire some show jumps locally, if not i'll jump the few jumps we have up at home at the moment! Probably a hack in there too. Also away tomorrow and not able to ride today so have the YO riding him today and he gets an extra day off tomorrow!

Bernster

Visit site
That sounds fab Wheels, good luck. A Paris weekend sounds bliss too, if you like non horsey things ! And I love the doggy fence BvR.

Looking forward to some horsey time in the sun this weekend. Lesson tonight to practice P12 even though I don't have a copy of it with me, duh, but have about 3 copies at home. That's for Quest next weekend as need to do some morem having only managed 1 outing so far this year. This weekend I've got xc training fairly local, just for a breeze about. Prob hack out Sunday.

Enjoy everyone whatever you're up to.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Not a lot planned, prob hacking out and about as we are both a little weary of stressage and flat schooling after the last 6 weeks.

Bernster, where are you off to for xc? I've been looking for a starter xc training for B, but tho am booked in for RC on Mon week, I haven't found anything for this weekend to try.

TPO

Visit site
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and that everyone out competing has a good time.

This weekend is a weekend of "sitting on" and at most managing a walk.

My QH was started and sat but last year I got sciatica really bad so I sent him to a trainer to get ridden away, he was brought home 11 days later completely changed for the worse and a shell of the horse I'd owned for the previous 4yrs. It's now 8mths later and I've still not managed to get him completely back to normal but we're getting there so plans to sit on and go for his first walk.

Mum has a cob that was supposed to be the companion but is disgustingly obese despite every possible measure being taken since he arrived last year that he's getting put to work. He's a companion because he apparently has issues that include bolting; he came via the same trainer that Chip went to (he arrived before C went) and now we can see the change in Chip there are similarities in their behaviour. So mum's thinking is that Bailey will be fine if started and trained properly and guess who the mug is that's to put the first ride on him... He's been doing a fair bit of groundwork and leaning over so we'll see how it goes.

Mum also has a TB that she keeps trying to pap onto me. She bought him straight from racing and he had a lot of physical issues. Since they've been addressed along with everything else the dope on a rope is suddenly a lot more athletic and full of himself. He's been off for a long time doing groundwork and physio so this weekend, all going well and if the other two haven't killed me, he'll be getting his first ride in a year.

If I don't make it to Monday it's been nice knowing you all ha ha

Bernster

Visit site
Not a lot planned, prob hacking out and about as we are both a little weary of stressage and flat schooling after the last 6 weeks.

Bernster, where are you off to for xc? I've been looking for a starter xc training for B, but tho am booked in for RC on Mon week, I haven't found anything for this weekend to try.

TPO that sounds like a very full on schedule! Really sorry to hear that the trainer didn't go well, what a shame.

TFF - off to Flamstead PC xc field in Markyate, Herts area, it's where they do little ODEs and stuff. 18 May with Nancy Spencer Jones. I think that's probably too far for you. It's one of the few that are closeish to me. If you ever want company, I'm always up for a bito f baby xc :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
I am going to shoot at stuff again on Sunday, with Captain Carrot.

Tomorrow / Saturday will be all hacking, hacking, hacking, trying to work some lard off the ponies. I need to get some fitness on Dae so I can take him xc schooling - he's needed to give Skye an intro to xc (if I can find a rider for him!) and also so I can take him with my YM and her horse, who also needs a sensible lead!

Pippity

Visit site
Saddle fitter is coming on Saturday, so I'm hoping I won't be buying a new saddle after that!

Other than that, a quiet weekend as I recover from the death flu.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Wheels that sounds great! Good lck for later today. Are you there all weekend?

BvR, Northern, Zaminda: Good luck!

AE: Lovely and warm here!! But you basked in hot sunshine during our hideous winter....

Abi90: Love it when people underestimate a horse. Show em how it's done!!

Scats - that's brilliant.

Orchard14 - so jealous. That sounds heavenly. I am full on with both work and horsey work at the moment and a weekend away would be awesome.

JFTD-WS - the ponies ballooned in justb3 days after moving onto summer grazing and Dolly can hardly shift her lardy backside over fences anymore. She trundles around show jump courses like she has just finished Christmas Dinner. So both ponies are OFF THE GRASS and not very happy about it. They were only out part of the day but evidently managed to hoover up inordinate numbers of calories in their limited windows of opportunity!

Busy weekend for us: Somerford BE for me and Amber on Saturday. Slightly petrified after her over-enthusiastic trip round Chatsworth but hope it goes ok.

Unaff ODE for the girls at Eland.

TRECtastic

Visit site
No horsing around for me this weekend , Henry horse will be pleased to have a weekend off .

I'm taking my dog to an obedience comp Saturday, as he's a beagle and not very obedient we have quite low expectations 😂

Then I'm doing Stratford triathlon Sunday, plan is just to finish, no expectations of a fast time 🤔

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Chippers1

Visit site
the ponies ballooned in justb3 days after moving onto summer grazing and Dolly can hardly shift her lardy backside over fences anymore. She trundles around show jump courses like she has just finished Christmas Dinner.

This made me laugh 😅 resonates with me with Buzz! He's looking lardy but I'm glad I managed to keep him trim coming out of winter (much to the judges disdain...) as it's mainly a grass belly that goes down eventually!
For various reasons I haven't been able to ride him as much as I'd have liked recently so I need to up the exercise.
In other news, finally made it in life as I'm in the local Equestrian Life magazine 😅😁