New winter coat and over-trousers - recommendations pls!!!

Petrie

Visit site
I'm on the market for a nice new, cosy winter coat and some waterproof trousers to boot. Any tips?

I'd like it to be over my bum, so no blousons or short jobs (got one already) but I don't want some frumpy thing, has to be nice and stylish in nice colours.

Has to be really cosy with a nice cuddly lining and a hood, warm pockets etc.

Trousers don't necessarily have to be the same make, but do need to be waterproof and easy to put on over normal trousers. Nice and comfortable for riding in too.

Am willing to pay up to £100 for the coat, maybe more if it's really worth it, but less would be very nice!

Also, some new gloves would be good - cosy ones for yard duties and maybe riding too.

Vicki1986

Visit site
oooh yes that musto coat - i have had one for about 5 years and it still looks new i adore it!! best coat money can buy a v good investment.

Glad there is a positive response about rambo chaps i will definately purchase those then
laugh.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
I second the rambo fleece lined chaps, they are really warm and comfy and easy to ride in too. Cant help you with coats tho, I always seem to have my bum on show
tongue.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
I highly recommend the rambo fleece lined chaps. I bought some on sunday and I have worn them every day since, they are so warm and totally waterproof. Big thumbs up from me.

kick_On

Visit site
For around yard and on roadwork, i used a motorbike shop for leggings/coat and you'll get floucent strips aswell - free, much much cheaper than horsey shop and more waterproof.
And then saved money buy nice jacket (Musto/Caledene/Joules) which horse smells don't go near!!!!!!!!! and then lasts even longer
grin.gif

Petrie

Visit site
Well, Rambo fleece-lined chaps it is then, they sound lovely. And the Musto coat sounds just the job, so I will get on the internet and see if I can find one.

Excellent, thanks guys.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Me and Gina (GinaGem) are going to be kitted out in Toggi 'Snowdon', this year. It's meant to be fab, and with this weather I don't think it will be long before it's used every day!

_jetset_

Visit site
I have just bought a Mountain Horse Grace jacket and I absolutely LOVE it!! I also have the Rambo chaps (not the full trousers) and they are great for riding in cold weather and to keep white johds clean before shows

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Go to somewhere like Blacks or some other outdoor pursuits shop. You'll get really warm, breathable coats & trousers at reasonable prices without haveing to pay 'The Equine Surcharge' ......as soon as something is 'Horsey' the price goes through the roof.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Salcey

Visit site
Have to say we wouldn't b without our shires waterproof chaps at the mo, I use the winter weight ones with the furry lining, whilst my daughter prefers the unlined ones. There in there 3rd year now and still going strong. Also handy to have the reflective piping down the side in the gloomy weather.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Musto overriders - without hesitation - they are so lovely - in fact I've been known to wear mine without the jodhs underneath!
blush.gif
grin.gif
So good to ride in - really comfy - I just love them!!!
grin.gif

Kate x