New XC Safety tech (EQRI) - Eventing Ireland - I like it! :)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Think it will hopefully help alot of people realise they need to rethink certain levels.

Have a friend who has had horses all her life and has just gotten a new horse to go be novice on eventually this year after a few 100 and 100+..... That she can just about get round a 90 with a fall or time penalty xc or sj and her jump position needs serious work doesn't even enter her mind. She has the confidence but needs to work on so much more.
Something like this would benefit her I think

Goldenstar

Visit site
Think it will hopefully help alot of people realise they need to rethink certain levels.

Have a friend who has had horses all her life and has just gotten a new horse to go be novice on eventually this year after a few 100 and 100+..... That she can just about get round a 90 with a fall or time penalty xc or sj and her jump position needs serious work doesn't even enter her mind. She has the confidence but needs to work on so much more.
Something like this would benefit her I think

Well would it ,because it can't come as a surprise to her that she is struggling at 90 .
At the higher levels I can see it working bit at the lower levels we need trainers that train the riders position and give it priority .
It will be interesting to see how the Irish system works in practise and it would be interesting to use the system to look at past years results and see if it would have predicted who had the serious accidents .

Illusion100

Visit site
at the lower levels we need trainers that train the riders position and give it priority .

Rider position is not the point. Competence to ride/horse capacity for the relevant course is.

I'm sure I've displayed some very dodgy looking positions at times on the XC (horses fault obviously!), yet come home clear within the time for the vast majority.

I understand your point however. :)

P.S. Where was our Beach Party?!