New yard....so far so good

4whitesocks

Visit site
My boy was moved today thank god....raced out of work to get down to him...arrived and he just flattened his ears as if to say 'you come anywhere near this yummy haylage and you're a dead woman'!! He was toasty warm in his new stable (in fact too warm but they didn't want to de-rug him in case I was a nut about rugs....) anyway decided to brave it and take him for a little spin in the floodlit sand arena...another livery was schooling which suited and she was very nice and checked every time she wanted to jump or pass me etc. he was good as gold if a little perturbed by the shadows and the shettie in the field beside the arena....just did 15 minutes on him as it had been a big day...washed him off and put him to bed with his tea (as I was brushing him off in the stable he kept sticking his head over the door at his tea in the bucket outside and then back at me as if to say....that's mine Mom, look, over there...that's my tea.....!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:rolleyes:)

All there seemed very nice, all very complimentary about Sid, other livery (who had met on Monday) just raved about them, how good they are with young horse (and if her 4yo who YO backed and is bringing on is anything to go by, they are).

Oh God fingers crossed this yard works out....have a good feeling but we all know where that got me before!!!
(oh and they have automatic waterers so at least that's one less thing to worry about!)

Happytohack

Visit site
Excellent - glad you got him out of the old place so quickly. He must think all his birthdays and christmases have come at once with haylage, water and feed! Sounds as if you have found a great place.

4whitesocks

Visit site
TBH last YO seemed close to tears when I told him....there was no trying to convince me to stay, he basically said he understood and that he hoped this one worked out for us, also said he thought Sid was a great horse and definitely the 'one' for me & not to let anyone else tell me otherwise....

I think having set up this yard from scratch 4 months ago they are having big hassles with builders to put in arenas etc., I'd say money is tight as they have to deal with disolving a previous business etc.

anyway - not my problem! Sid is my biggest concern so ATM am hoping he's turned out and not kicking the cr*p out of anyone!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Glad your all sorted - I've just moved aswell and Murphy has settled totally in - he loves the routine, and the fact that eveyone has to walk past him to get to their own horses, spends his whole life kissing strangers
grin.gif