new yard woooppeeee!

PoppyPony

Visit site
yay! I am moving Dibbs from his (tbh rubbish) DIY yard to a BEAUTIFUL lovely yard where he'll be on full livery (I'll still do all the grooming, riding and feeding - the fun jobs lol)

the people i met there last night seemed so lovely and friendly, they have a menage with lights! yay luxury for me.

only downside is no t/o from jan-april
frown.gif
we'll have to sort something out i hate no t/o.

i'm so happy i can afford to keep him at such a nice place a few months ago i had no money, no job and no idea how i was going to keep him.

grin.gif
smile.gif
smirk.gif
crazy.gif

evsj

Visit site
well done you - it sounds like you have been through a tough time. good luck at the new yard. I long to find somewhere better for my horse (and me) myself but I am scared that I'll jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak!

filly190

Visit site
Glad to hear your happy news, a new yard and a breath of fresh air for you and neddy, hope you meet some wonderful new friends.

ajb

Visit site
sorry just wouldnt move to a yard with NO turnout in the winter..might be nice for owners but what about the poor horses being in a stable day and night!!!-arghhh why do yards do that and more to the point, sorry my pet hate, why do people pay for it-its just the yard being greedy and not wanting to have to repair /pay for repair of pasture..either that or they have too many horses-sorry rant over-hope you and nag will be very happy!

evsj

Visit site
I agree that no TO in winter is not ideal but many horses do cope well with it and if it means moving to a better yard where both horse and owner are happier then that is the trade-off. Have had to do it at a couple of yards and luckily mine is ok in provided she gets some outside exercise a couple of times per day. Owners should not be made to feel bad because they keep their horse at a place with restricted winter grazing - sometimes there is no choice. Where I am now has plenty of AYO but I have never seen so many windsuckers, weavers and box-walkers on one yard in my life.

PoppyPony

Visit site
I totally agree and normally I wouldn't, but at the 'yard' I am at now I am worried about the roof falling on his head and he is t/o on his own! (next to horses but still not nice for poor thing he hates it) it is really awful.

He will have a sort of t/o area (shells surface thing?!) that he will be able to wander freely in and out of during the day, and I will never let him stay in there doing nothing 24/7 he will be led out in-hand a few times a day, hacked out every day and lunged a few times a week. He will also go out in the menage for an hour or so every day.

if life was ideal i'd have him out 24/7 all year - at this yard they get 24/7 t/o from june-sept.

i just want the best for him!

Skhosu

Visit site
that sounds fine then, not ideal but who doesn't have restricted grazing in winter unless very lucky?
Good luck