New Zealand horse work

joosie

Visit site
I'm going to NZ for two years in March and will be looking for horse work. I'd like to find something before I go if possible. I've been keeping my eye on Yard&Groom and a NZ Horse Jobs group on Facebook, but can anyone recommend me any NZ-based websites / agencies to look at as well?

dixie

Visit site
I found mine by just walking into various yards and asking.
Found my second job on Trade Me, I think.
Good luck, do you know which part you want to go to.

joosie

Visit site
Everywhere, lol! I reckon I can cram quite a lot into 2 years! But as I'm flying to Auckland I will probably look in the north of the north island to start with, and work my way down.

dixie

Visit site
Ah well good luck I'm sure you'll have fun
I was based near Christchurch for a year so not sure about North Island. Think that maybe there is more variety on N Island in disciplines.
I'm sure a couple of people from NZ will reply in due course.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I'm new to NZ. I moved to Auckland in October last year.

I'm on some Facebook groups and there seem quite a few people advertising jobs or looking for jobs on them. Just type "horse New Zealand" into the search function on Facebook. Once you've joined one, you'll see related groups too.

Otherwise, Trade Me is big.

https://touch.trademe.co.nz/jobs/search/category=5000+search_string=horse

Just some jobs that came up.

People have been really nice and helpful here and I'm starting to get more and more involved in the horse scene. Let me know how you get on, and you're welcome to message me if you need any more information.

joosie

Visit site
Thank you.
I've found a work-for-board placement in Warkworth which will keep me busy til mid-April. I suspect I'll find it easier to find paid work when I'm actually in the country, I'm finding quite a lot of racing jobs advertised which is unfortunate as it's the one area of the horse industry I have absolutely no intention of being involved in!