spannahw

Visit site
Thought it was by far time I introduced myself as I've been lurking for some time!

I have a rather ailment-prone ISH (so will probably be seen frequenting 'veterinary'!) who I enjoy hacking and schooling but don't compete. He's quite a sweetie really.

I can see how addictive this forum can be and how many interesting topics are discussed - also has had me giggling lots!

Thanks for reading!

spannahw

Visit site
Thank you!
Ahh you have the same problem then! Have been thinking of suggesting a reward point loyalty card scheme to my vet for people like us! (he's not that bad really).

Err - hope these pics work, here goes...

fin1.jpg

fin2.jpg

fin3.jpg

Natalie_H

Visit site
He is a very handsome chap! What's his name? I know what you mean with the reward points - my vet has taken pictures of my boy's skin condition as he has never seen anything like it - I should have copyrighted them - they'll probably turn up on a book or on a website at some point as an "extreme example"!!!!
tongue.gif

spannahw

Visit site
Wow! My boy (Fin) has never made photos (don't give him ideas)!
Has your fella's problem been resolved now or is it still on-going?

Natalie_H

Visit site
Well Fin is gorgeous! Well our hoof problems are currently resolved - being that the dry weather is over - However, the chronic urticaria is back for the 3rd successive winter
confused.gif
What are your problems?

princesskelly

Visit site
thank's
smile.gif
she'll be pleased to hear that!
grin.gif

i like that kinda of picture. just wish she would put ears forward.as soon as i get camera out she puts them back!
mad.gif

find that a feed bucket works though!
grin.gif

spannahw

Visit site
Oh no - not something I've had any experience of - does it distress him?

This year mine had a mystery neck injury that fortunately righted itself after 3 months off, but has seisamoiditis, has had annular ligament injury and is prone to tying up in the autumn. Just to name a few!

Natalie_H

Visit site
Awwww! Poor Fin. Know how you feel! It fortunately doesn't distress him, although he gets a little grumpy when he's having an outbreak. It's a puzzler as we know what the allergens are & have eliminated them to the best of our knowledge, but every winter it comes back. I trust Fin is well at the current time?

spannahw

Visit site
Glad it doesn't bother him too much, still - really frustrating when there's a mystery round these things (what's your boy's name?). Wonder what kicks it off in winter?! They don't cause trouble by halves!

Touch wood, he's staying out of trouble so far, thanks!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Hi and welcome - what a lovely lad.

Have over the years been an owner of a Dangerprone Daphne, I can sympathise.

I now have two sensible boys - and apart from cancer checks, the vets fees are not so bad, but the cats are making up on the vets fees front fast. Problem with having so many ancient ones.

Natalie_H

Visit site
Hi Again - His name is Vizzy (racing name - Le Grand Vizier). We think it's the hay that brings it on - even though it's low rye content. But it might be heat related as he grows an astonishingly thick winter coat for a TB & it does coincide with that too. I am delighted that Fin is well at the moment - I know how great it feels when then are 100% when you are as beset by problems as we are!