Newforest?

Kristine

Visit site
Can someone please tell me if you can just ride around the newforest?
Can you just park up unload and go or are there only certain places you can go?

thanks for your help

Kx

Farm Kat

Visit site
You can just ride anywhere, (but I would watch the wet ground this time of year) and go into the enclosures as long as they are not tree felling, or marked as private. As for parking, I would assume that you could use any of the car parks, as long as you are parked sensibly ie not blocking one of the gateways, or barriers but being based on the forest I have no idea if there are any restrictions.

burtie

Visit site
Yep you can ride wherever you like, but we do have a code of conduct which
I'll try and find a copy of on-line for you.

You can use any of the car parks as long as you park sensibly.

Finally if you ride on the Forest and don't know the area I strongly recommend you stick to gravel enclosures only unless high summer as some tracks that look quite nice can rapidly turn into very dangerous bogs. I know of a number of times horses have become stuck in bogs and need to be rescued by the fire brigade.

GoJo

Visit site
some of the car parks are being closed as from next week for the winter so i'd check that out before you set out. Loads of people box over to Wilverly enclosure between Brockenhurst and Burley - big car park set way back fro the road so is very safe.for loading /unloading.
Ditto burtie on the bog warning- and the pigs which are out at the moment!

burtie

Visit site
Oh yes, the joy of the pigs. They keep getting into our yard and causing complete havoc, wandering around through the paddocks and in front of the stables!

filly190

Visit site
Watch out for the pigs, I saw an article in one of the newspapers a few days ago where a policeman and his dog where being chased by a big pack of them.

I believe that loads of pigs are turned out this time of year to eat the acorns. Just thought I'd mention this, as a word of caution, dont want you bolted off with.