newmarket rugs/exercise sheets??

Were you ....

• Total voters

rrose

Visit site
yes i have an exericise sheet, got mine from robinsons!
blush.gif

but this was last year!
grin.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I have the newmarket wool one which is for when she is clipped and it is dry but cold. I also have a fleece-lined waterproof one for when its wet and cold, and a thin waterproof for when it is raining but not too cold in the winter.
I got my woolen one in the summer last year for £25, so a bargain cos it was the wrong time of the year.
smirk.gif
wink.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Regardless of which one you chose to get...
Please don't join the god awful trend for putting the sheet on so that it goes right back to the horses tail, or even worse, over the tail!!!
Exercise sheets should stop on about the middle of their bum!!
NO FURTHER BACK!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
GOOD it's one of my pet hates!!!!!!!
And it REALLY annoys me, to see all the pics in catalogs advertising them, with them put on all wrong!!!!!

*glad i got that off my chest haha*

_jetset_

Visit site
Could you explain to me about where they should go to and why? Someone mentioned mine was too small with Han because it didn't come to where a rug should, for example...

Thanks

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain to me about where they should go to and why? Someone mentioned mine was too small with Han because it didn't come to where a rug should, for example...

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely fits then!!
smile.gif

dizzydolly

Visit site
For a start, don't copy the pictures they put in catalogues like Robinsons for example! Ex rugs should be well up at front, and folded back if necessary, then the corners tucked up, i fold mine up over the back of the horse before i even put the saddle on, but some people fold them up and tuck under saddle flap and girth straps. Whatever, but dont leave them down and loop the girth through the girth loops!!

It should only reach halfway between back of saddle and horses tail, as in only covering the horses loins, not its whole bum! The loins are whats needed to be kept warm. You need to make sure the fillet string is long enough when putting them on this way, obviously when somebody puts it right over the horses tail, the fillet string doesnt have to be so long.

I dont use fillet strings on mine, as will sometimes fold the rug back and sit on it if I feel the horse doesnt need it at the time, also don't like them to be restricted at gallop!

Don't listen to people who say put it on like a normal rug, you could have a teeny ex rug and it would still do its job

MissDeMeena

Visit site
There's no disadvantage, it's just not 'correct'!!!!!!
Why do you always get on from the near side? there's no disadvantage to getting on the other side, it's just not 'correct'

The only thing i would disagree with in dizzydollys post is.. i fold the corners up under the saddle flap, and not up onto the horses back before you put the saddle on.. as this creates presure points you just don't need!!!

sevenoceans

Visit site
Got newmarket for my boy and it's fanastic, u can still ride in piss down with it... it is only me that get wet!!! it was given to me when i got the horse.

I am sure you can find some for under 30 quid. Try Froggle it tells you where to get cheapest.