newmarket tour

Josh_craney

Visit site
I went down to my grandmas at cambridge for 2 weeks for a little holiday, and we went places and that for two weeks but my favourite has got to be the natinol stud tour and the tour of newmarket. The tour of racing hq was brill we firstly waited for our tour man to pick us up outiside tatersalls and start our tour. Firstly we went to the heath on the other side of town and as we were going we could see all the designated horse roads with hundreds of horses at one time all owned by one trainer with the stable lads/lasses riding the horses. and the first thing that amazed me when we arrived was the amount of horses that where there at 9am there was hundreds maybe even thousands. just galloping off on the poly track surface. its amazing how much land the jockey club own, 1000 of acres.next we went to a traning yard and and then to a equine swimming pool. and also the british racing school which was pretty good as i was given extra information and an application form to join when i leave school but all in all it was good i have some piccys from the national stud to include.

tiny little shetland foal

DSC01603.jpg

silver patriach

DSC01612.jpg

deporvito

69399c57.jpg

me with Amberligh house (grand national winner 2004)

3c2c4c1a.jpg

mill reefs old stable now bahamian bountys

dacf3e72.jpg

covering room
117451d1.jpg

covering room equipment
536f8ceb.jpg

foal
96c50255.jpg

mare and foals
7435d1ef.jpg

ps i know thhat it should really be in the picture gallery but this reaches more people