Nice Air Ambulance Man

Syrah

Visit site
Awww there are some nice drivers/pilots out there.

I was lunging Molly in the menage. We do have to keep an eye out for low flying objects be it light aircraft, hand gliders, helicopters - and I'm not kidding they are nuts around here.

Anyway, I spotted the air ambulance flying straight towards me quite low. Molly spotted it too. So I kept talking to her, kept her going to take her mind off of it.

And guess what - the pilot spotted us and veered off around us rather than risking spooking Molly
grin.gif

Nice pilot!

Syrah

Visit site
The handgliders and light aircraft are a pain.

We're not that hard to miss and a big white thing going round in a circle is bound to be attached to a human in the middle
wink.gif

The police helicopter and the air ambulance are very considerate if they spot us but it does help that someone on the yard knows one of the pilots of the air amb.

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
Aww that was nice of them.. our yard is virtually at the end of a runway, so luckilly all horses who come to yard get rather used to low flying aircaraft fairly quickly.

Oh its not like a huge airport its more like a private air strip with 3 runways.. but fairly busy with helicopters and small planes.

Some pilots i hve to say are really good but the odd few are horrible.. I'm sure they fly low on purpose!!!

kerilli

Visit site
same thing happened to me day before yesterday - it was a Typhoon, they fly around here all the time, the pilot saw me and veered away and then veered back onto his line. the mare jumped around a bit (he was very low) but not as much as she would have if he'd gone over our heads. another lovely pilot.
2 chinooks went over the paddock with my youngsters in yesterday, at double the height of the big walnut tree beside it (so really low), and the horses just stood and watched them. amazing what they get used to... thank the lord.

showjump2003

Visit site
That was nice of them. The RAF come over my house VERY low and often with their jets so my horses don't even notice helicopters and planes anymore!

woolly

Visit site
Ohhh you a little Nato potato? We are on RAF Coningsby some come Summer do come along to my back garden and cabbage away plane spotting! You are most welcome!

D

Donkeymad

We gets loads over our field, all sorts. Some seem to deliberatly fly directly over the hosres (but I'm sure they don't really) but our lot ignore them usually.

Syrah

Visit site
We've got a public footpath through one of the fields.

One day the mares were in there and a group of about 10 walkers were going through and thought it was a good idea to wave their sticks about shouting. I suppose they were trying to keep the horses away, all they achieved was to make 4 horses tank around. If they'd just walked through the horses would have carried on grazing.