Nice leather headcollars with engraved nameplate

Allykat

Visit site
Any ideas where I can get a nice not too expensive leather headcollar with an engraved nameplate in time for christmas??? Or am I totally too late
crazy.gif

Just had the idea of getting one for my mum....Its her first christmas of horseownership and the headcollar he came with has gone all manky where its not been looked after.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Law

Visit site
Shires (?) or hydrapane (?) do one with a plate on it for engraving. I saw it in my local tack shop today.
smile.gif
Can't remember which it was but one of the two for definite. Might have been shires.

Stella

Visit site
You should be able to get different ones at different prices by searching online. You could then go to a engraving type place (the type who do keys and have a nameplate engraved). www.derbyhouse.co.uk sell leather headcollers and separately the nameplates. I had a stubben headcoller which I sold as it doesn't fit my mare. She has a Rhinegold one and I must say, Its very good leather and looks very good at a fraction of the price
smile.gif

Allykat

Visit site
I have discovered that the nameplates are "apparently" easy to fit yourself with a leather punch and a hammer..... Has anyone tried this??

Tia

Visit site
You're too late now to get this one in time, but perhaps it might be interesting for others who are looking to get a top quality halter at a very cheap price. These halters are absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship is excellent and they all come pre-oiled so are so supple. I love the rolled noseband ones and these are on my next year's list of things I must have. A couple of boarding horses here have these halters and that is what made my mind up.

www.quillin.com

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Tia, those headcollars are ace!
What are the sizes like - would regular be ok for the average tb?
BTW OP, I usually get my brass nameplate headcollars from Gibsons in Newmarket. Pretty much the same as those on Tia's link but about £60 (made to measure). They will usually be delivered within a few days.

Tia

Visit site
Vici, the sizes on these halters are not like your sizes. The horses here who have them are in yearling/cob....now I would personally never class a yearling halter as being the same size as a cob.

I will be going for regular for most of my guys so I think for your TB's you will need the larger of the regular sizes (I think they do it in numbers #). I'm not ordering mine until after the Christmas rush so if you haven't ordered any by then I'll get back to you to let you know what size they are comparable to.

Honestly, I have never seen such beautiful halters - well worth waiting for if you ask me.

bellaboo

Visit site
Brought my horse a lovely headcollar, wanted his name on the side so brought a plate with his name engraved and fitted it myself! is actually easier then you think!