NLP

Follysmum

Visit site
Has anyone tried NLP and do they think it helped.

After my fall last year I am really struggling to get past that day and feel like it had changed my whole perspective about ever riding again. I feel ridiculous feeling like this, I do think because I couldn’t get straight back on it hasn’t helped one bit.

Follysmum

Visit site
Yes, I went for a session of NLP, hypnotherapy and then a go on a mechanical horse (all with the same person). It got me back on board.

Thankyou for your reply
I’m hoping it’s a blip as after 50yrs of riding and many falls it’s never affected me as much as this time. Really weird how your brain thinks, I have been totally mentally broken by it all and thought I was having a breakdown, not helped by my DR who has now been ditched.

Myloubylou

Visit site
Yes I had NLP and it got me back jumping. Also worth considering is Emotional Freedom tapping (EFT). Works in similar way of talking through the incident and then dimming the intensity of the picture in your mind till your emotional reactions are reduced. I had 1 hour call and got me past panicky feelings about getting on my mare in the wind as had nasty fall off previously horse. Not miracle cure but something I practice if feeling anxious.

Follysmum

Visit site
Yes I had NLP and it got me back jumping. Also worth considering is Emotional Freedom tapping (EFT). Works in similar way of talking through the incident and then dimming the intensity of the picture in your mind till your emotional reactions are reduced. I had 1 hour call and got me past panicky feelings about getting on my mare in the wind as had nasty fall off previously horse. Not miracle cure but something I practice if feeling anxious.

The person that has been recommended does EFT also so that’s good to hear. Thankyou