No cash for prosecutions

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Looks like LACS have no cash left with which to persecute the 'hunting fraternity':

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayN...5156930&folderPk=69655&pNodeId=145795

How will they be able to force people to kill more animals:

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/displa...ame=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

With people blatantly breaking the Hunting Act and getting away with it:

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayN...ame=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

Deary deary me, what a mess.

Blairite

Visit site
I had better organise some funding to be made available to them forthwith.

Have no fear, the LACS is financially prudent. The Bloodsports Alliance on the other hand are going down the pan!

Begging for cash. Poor old Kate Hoey - no one wants to talk to her in the Commons either!!!

Lord Blairite

MisterMole

Visit site
One of the great implications of the Wright conviction is that the CPS is far more likely to pursue its own prosecutions. In other words, the tax-payer will foot the bill.

How much money has the CA spent on silly legal challenges? It must run to hundreds of thousands of pounds. What a waste of their members' money!

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I'd call myself a hobby farmer. I have just over 100 acres 30 cattle or so a few sheep and horses.

I have four sheepdogs which I use for my flkushing activities.

Most of the time I work on the computer.

What do you do?

MisterMole

Visit site
I didn't think you were a proper farmer.

I'm doing a post-graduate course which I do part-time. I work part-time in winter and on a freelance basis the rest of the time.

Paul T

Visit site
Doh, Farmer Giles, I thought you were a bit more switched on than that! The tactic goes something like this: LACS forks out money to prosecute hunter; LACS devises cunning plan to recoup money. I've no doubt LACS can raise £65K plus much more by pleading poverty, not just from its membership but from supporters who are fed up with hunt fanatics trying it on.

You've only got to look at the new campaigns started by LACS (bullfighting, snaring, shooting, etc) to see that it isn't short of a bob or two.

I'd be more concerned about the financial state of the CA if I were you.

Paul T

Visit site
What, as opposed to the drivel you post to internet forums and newspapers (published as well as on their websites) day in day out? Surely a classic case of pot calling kettle black if ever I saw one.

Actually I thought it was a pretty good letter from Mr Read. Perhaps you're peeved because it was rather too close to the truth. You're only creating a fuss because you like seeing yourself on tv or in the local rag.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
People who insist on unnecessarily killing just to obey the law are pretty close to fascists in my book.

I'll not stop flushing deer, nor will I shoot them so it's tough [****].

Paul T

Visit site
Oh Giles, as my six year old would say - 'does my face look bothered?'. No one's forcing you or anyone else to do anything.

I quite agree, anyone who insists on unnecessary killing should be condemned. It's why I've opposed fox hunting for so long.

CARREG

Visit site
So the LACS are lieing when they say they are skint to wring more money out of the gullible public....someone save Karls post we can use this stuff...lol........Carreg

Paul T

Visit site
As I've said before, I doubt very much you are breaking the law but it's difficult to be sure as your accounts of what you get up to tend to change from post to post. I'm sure you'll understand when I say you don't seem all that reliable.

The police certainly don't seem bothered which must be a bit of a bummer for your self-publicity campaign.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Oh great so I CAN use more than two dogs to flush out deer to protect my wood and also not shoot them.

Maybe you're right maybe the law isn't what it says.

Probably when it says no more than two can be used it means more than two can be used and the animal mustn't be shot.

Must just be a typo!

The fact that the police aren't bothered is of course the point of the publicity campaign.

Paul T

Visit site
No, the obvious point of your one-man publicity campaign is to get your name into the headlines. This would be achieved much more spectacularly by being arrested and ending up in court, and you must be ever so jealous of Mr Wright who's beat you to it. How ironic, I bet he'd give his right hand to have been ignored like you, and you'd give anything to get your name into the headlines by being the first at the receiving end of a successful private prosecution under the Act. What a hoot!

As it is you're lucky to make it into the local rag.