No longer riding this pony.

metalmare

Visit site
I wish I could find a nice laid back, healthy pony to ride!

Sadly, after much thought, I have had to yet again ring an owner and say I am no longer prepared to ride their horse for four very good reasons:

1) I have been thinking about her bolting on the road the other day and decided that I was too lucky - it could have been extremely serious! I am a confident and careful rider but I am still an inexperienced amateur. Also the understanding lad I was hacking out with has now moved yards.
2) I rode her in the school the other day and she was dreadful. She was clearly having back pains. She is only 8 and I feel it might be something serious.
3) I don't like the people on the yard. I'm sorry - it sounds awful, but I hate feeling that people are breathing down my neck.
4) I need to find a job with longer hours.

So yet again I am without a ride. I'm hoping to get a quick go on a dales over Christmas though. I think I am going to go back to a monthly individual lesson if and when I can afford it - then the riding is on my terms. I don't have the time for a regular commitment at the moment, sadly, due to my studies
frown.gif

metalmare

Visit site
Ah! So you should be within 30 miles of Derby then? Because my grandad, bless him, drew a little circle on our map around Derby and we fished within a 30 mile radius of home. He was very careful like that - used to work for Rolls Royce you see - that's what it does
grin.gif
We used to go a bit further for a very good pool though.

metalmare

Visit site
That's cool. I don't have a car yet but it would be nice to drive down and meet you when I do. Send me a PM and tell me a bit about yourself and your ponies. I've gotta dash now but I'll PM asap - have a great Xmas and we'll speak soon!

Alex.

Onyxia

Visit site
If you went to Hallam in the end let me know, would gladly come with you for lessons- would be nice to have a familier face, a new RS is a bit daunting for me but am having some serious withdrawel symptoms!