No shade in this weather

HashRouge

Visit site
I used to have to choose between turning out in a field with no shade and bringing in to hot stables. The stables, despite being new and made of brick, just seemed to get so warm and stuffy, it was actually really unpleasant inside them. In the end we chose to leave out, but I think that was a case of the lesser of two evils.

Crackerz

Visit site
I used to have to choose between turning out in a field with no shade and bringing in to hot stables. The stables, despite being new and made of brick, just seemed to get so warm and stuffy, it was actually really unpleasant inside them. In the end we chose to leave out, but I think that was a case of the lesser of two evils.

Same. Mine are wooden though, they came in for an hour Saturday and were so sweaty after just an hour! No sweat at all in the field though, not even behind their ears under their fly mask. They don't look over warm or tired either.

ihatework

Visit site
Interesting that a lot of you are bringing in during the day. It was when she was in last year in high temps that my mare (who I didn't realise had developed anhidrosis then) got heat exhaustion. That was an expensive vet bill. Our stables at my current yard are in full sun until about 3 sadly.

This is one of my ‘must haves’ for a yard - stables that are cooler in the summer.
Some of those wooden stable units are like ovens!
My current yard is a big American barn with an industrial size fan to boot!

Horsekaren

Visit site
mine is usually in a field with no shade, at the moment they are in a field with a small amount of shade and they all take turns and use it. Id say my horse spends half of the day in the shade

Horsekaren

Visit site
also my stable is like an oven in the day, its wooden and has the sun on it, im considering giving one of these a go-
https://www.jmldirect.com/at-home/u...Skyi7IYubCU44LoebibxPjLsYBVOTrZMaAtE0EALw_wcB

they run on mains so would need an extension lead and a hole high in the wall, i was thinking about mounting it on a shelf up high and fixing it to the wall with the lead running through a hole strait out of the stable. They arn't silent but they arn't stupidly loud
Has anyone else tried this?

Hannahgb

Visit site
Mine have a few trees to stand under, all poos are in the middle of the field each day though!
Only have wooden stables which are like ovens so they are better off out during the day.

Visit site
One of mine has a lot of shade, the other two have a minimal amount of shade but where they are kept is very high ground and there is almost always a breeze of some sort! I have another horse in at the moment who doesn't have any shade so he is coming in during the day at the moment during the worst of the heat.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Mine want to be in by about 11am so I let them in my stables are brick so fairly cool then they go out about 4pm.

If I put a gazebo in my horses field they would be petrified of it and certainly wouldn't stand under it lol!