No Weekend Thread Yet!?!

Fiona

Visit site
And as for the actual report, they were clear SJ, needed a hand from the starter to actually get started, but made it as far as fence 11 clear, before they got a bit tired, had a refusal, and stopped twice to let two grown up entries come through, before finishing well.

No rosettes, but then there was no bucking, no falling off, and no running away down the hills 🤣

Fiona

Visit site
In what respect? A train with a change, or a lift with a stranger 🤣

Fiona

All I know so far is I am on a train to Preston! The only trains going north from there go to Glasgow. So I am guessing I am going there. How I get home from there an half midnight is anyones guess! Its an hour and a half to home from glasgow!

I was supposed to go: Aintree - Liverpool Central - Lime Street - Manchester Oxford Road - Haymarket - Inverkeithing for 23.58 then 20min drive up the road to home!

McFluff

Visit site
Ouch EKW

There are bus options, takes about two hours. N900 towards Edinburgh and swap onto Stagecoach 747 at Ingliston.

Or, stay in a hotel and train first thing??

Horrid when transport fails.

Visit site
Ouch EKW

There are bus options, takes about two hours. N900 towards Edinburgh and swap onto Stagecoach 747 at Ingliston.

Or, stay in a hotel and train first thing??

Horrid when transport fails.

I have to be at work for 7am 😂😂😂

I am currently on the train to Glasgow. Because they cancelled my train they have to get me to my destination so I will probably end up in a taxi from Glasgow to Inverkething.

The weekend thread has gone astray and now includes disrupted travel plans 😂😂😂

But seriously - if you have ever fancied going to Aintree show then defos do! Its a brilliant set up, a great atmosphere and a thoroughly nice bunch of people to work with!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Just don't go on the train if you do go to Aintree! Good luck getting back ok!

A few photos of my super pony who is 99% perfect, to be fair to her.

65377205_1041674919374887_5362657227612094464_o.jpg
65215513_1041675189374860_6072733888508067840_o.jpg

j1ffy

Visit site
What a nightmare EKW! I hope getting up for work wasn’t too painful.

Great pics JFTD 😁

Reacher

Visit site
Well done to everyone and some great photos.
Well I am pleased with yesterday’s “eventers challenge”, we had problems a year ago at the 80 cm due to lack of brakes, and having had a bit of a disastrous XC lesson on Saturday (he wanted to tank off all the time and we hardly jumped anything and I got a bit pathetic so nearly withdrew). Yesterday jumps were a wee bit bigger at 85 cm so I was feeling a bit like it might have been a mistake... .
So SJ - We knocked one down then he mistook the judge’s box for a horse eating monster and tried to run away (I’d forgotten same thing happened last year) and in the confusion crossed our tracks and got another 4 faults. (At least it wasn’t elimination). After that I rode like a lemon and it is thanks to mr H for getting us out of trouble when we presented at a couple on a half stride.
No XC jumping penalties, the kineton noseband was much better brakes than last year. I sat on him all the way around to keep him from trying to bog off so had time penalties and we were both fairly knackered by the end, he still tried to bog off but the kineton kept him in check . Just! (Thanks to those of you who suggested it on a thread of mine last summer! 😁)
I don’t feel brave enough to post videos 🤗 but there are a couple of photos here number 1554 - 1560. - there’s a couple I’m going to buy , the milk churns and the previous jump I think.
https://www.grossick.co.uk/v/photos/20276hfr/C334410204/x85-2

After we finished I gave Mr H a bucket of “soup” ( he won’t drink water) which he drank enthusiastically getting it all over his face which he then wiped on Mr Reacher 🤭

Reacher

Visit site
Thank you

And as for the actual report, they were clear SJ, needed a hand from the starter to actually get started, but made it as far as fence 11 clear, before they got a bit tired, had a refusal, and stopped twice to let two grown up entries come through, before finishing well.

No rosettes, but then there was no bucking, no falling off, and no running away down the hills 🤣

Fiona
They did great (those sound like my markers of success too! )

Denbob

Visit site
Have just about recovered from the wedding... long-reined over (very) raised poles and out around the yard to get him used to moving away in front as it's been a little while. Extra challenging because they were inflating a bouncy castle next to the arena and running a generator! All stood him in very good stead to climb through the electric fence last night to the long grass the other side 🙄 I've never known a horse that big to cause so much chaos with so little damage to his surroundings. He's being clipped out tonight so that will help him feel the shock and hopefully be less itchy as well - poor sod is suffering even after trying him on antihistamines so thinking it's probably heat related.

Well done all!

Fiona - that's such a lovely picture, you must be chuffed!
JFTD - always love your archery photos, Captain Carrot is fab!
Reacher - glad the noseband is making a difference, some lovely pictures :)