No, you idiot, you won't fit! or 'alas, poor trailer'

Widgeon

Visit site
Oh no....apologies for how much I'm laughing. Your description is wonderful. I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to replace. I'm also imagining a cob-shaped hole in the side, Tom and Jerry style.

ihatework

Visit site
Eek!
I have a feeling less easy on a Bateson because isn’t it a whole shell rather than panels?

Reactions: tda

tda

Visit site
That's very funny, and yes pic needed ?
My friends 15h cob once went out thru the jockey door in My Ifor 505, he must have breathed in as there was no damage!

Renvers

Visit site
Wow, glad he is okay sorry about your trailer.

I would call Bateson and get their opinion, they have always been really helpful to me with any queries over the years. I have also had them do work on my trailer and was really reasonable cost.

HorseMaid

Visit site
Mine did this once when I was teaching her to load - we'd gone down the front ramp, turned to face it so I could do it up to load her with it shut, whereupon she took herself up the front ramp and dove through the open jockey door. She still has a beautiful strip down her spine about a foot long that doesn't grow hair, the jockey door I seem to remember had to be straightened with a sledgehammer and was never the same again!

scruffyponies

Visit site
This is the first one I have seen actually go through. One tried on the trip home from being bought years ago. He managed to kick the whole door off it's hinges into a hedge, but didn't make it out because he had jumped the breast bar, been stopped by the rope and was stuck hanging over the bar like a half tonne of embarassed-looking odd sock.
Like HM, the door was repaired, but never quite right.

Sprig

Visit site
Naughty horse. Do you have a Bateson dealer that you can take it to? My local (Ifor) dealer did my new jockey door (I ordered the parts from Bateson and had them sent to me) but it had to go to a Bateson dealer for it's new side panels as I couldn't get the panels delivered apart from on their own lorry drop off, when they were doing the rounds to dealers, which might have been up to a 12 week wait. The Bateson dealer held the side paneks in stock. Not sure if they will hold stock of the panel that you need routinely though as I guess it is less common to replace. Re: the jockey door, even that was not as straightforward as I imagined it would be. It doesn't come from Bateson as a whole door, they just send you a panel that needs to be cut to fit.

Reactions: tda

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Shy broke out, got under the front rails and through the jockey door. A humungous gypsy cob. Not a mark on him or the trailer, I simply don't understand how he fit through the jockey door !

Horse2018

Visit site
I thought my horse was bad but this horse wouldn’t hold a candle to my horse.

I hope it doesn’t cost to much fix.