Noble Sprinkbok.. someone was asking after him..

kirstyfk

Visit site
We had a fantastic 15hander, who went to the JRN Champs, we also did 15hander workers and it used to make me laugh that in the line up he would be the smallest horse in there (sometimes even up against PT ponies) We could have shrunk him I suppose but we lived so far away from any of the pony trials and his dressage was not the best. So it happens in showing as well.

I think there should be a 2 tier system for JRNs, when Glen the above horse did them the horse had to be grade 3 at the start of the season. So it was proper novices who needed the help from the JRN co-ordinator. Without Polly Lochore my sister would never had got to do a CCI* Now at the champs are people who can afford advanced horses and the real novices are getting left behind.

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
haha o yes i do know him quite well!!
smile.gif
:):) haha who are you then i'm talking to him now!!! Xx

Shrimp

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be a 2 tier system for JRNs, when Glen the above horse did them the horse had to be grade 3 at the start of the season. So it was proper novices who needed the help from the JRN co-ordinator. Without Polly Lochore my sister would never had got to do a CCI* Now at the champs are people who can afford advanced horses and the real novices are getting left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am hoping to do JRNs this year on an exracehorse which I have produced since the beginning (had him since he was 4 and hes 8 later this year) and it is my aim/dream to get to Weston this year as its my last year in JRN's. Last year when I came 10th with DC in mine and my horses first ever JRN I was over the moon but when I was at the prize giving some people really did seem stuck up and most of them have money. One girl has had horses bought for her which have done Int/2* and others including myself who have worked from the beginning and it just doesnt seem fair. Hence why im going to have to work my backside off this year!
grin.gif

Btw, going back to the original title of the thread, Noble Springbok has always been a big pony as he was produced on a yard where I used to be and he definately was a 'full up' 14.2 and that was 4/5 years ago! We even thought about trying him but we couldnt afford him at that moment in time...shame, look where I could have been!! Not
grin.gif
He was a gorgeous and very talented pony though.

Thistle

Visit site
Totally agree about the 2 tier JRN. Our pony will never do as well as the professionally trained horses, children away at school, groom and trainers prepare the horse, child meets horse at comp, gets on and rides and goes back to school. Horse still on autopilot. These horses mostly have 50+ points and a wealth of experience.

Looking in the programme from Sunday. There were only a handful of horses with less than 50 points and if you look up half their records they have massas of DC'c at JRN which don't count so in reality equivalent to even more points!

Best feeling on Sunday was knowing that our scruffy bog pony out jumped 33 expensive and experienced horses.

Nic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
that's nothing Forrest (prob. not a horse worth having by the sounds of things)...

what pisses me off the most, is the people with all the money, then getting lottery funding too!!! aka a certain son of a certain well kown supermarket chain owner, getting lottery funding.. like they need it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of one that got lottery funding and sure as hell doesn't need it.
mad.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately eventing is very money orientated but I think every sport is like that in a way.
The YRs do seem to get there on talent and a lot of horses they have produced themselves. But I know a Junior who was an individual this year on the GB team and has given up riding as realises they cannot go any further. They had a good horse at 1* and OIU21 but its not going any further and they do not have the money to buy the next level up.

kateD

Visit site
This annoys me so much, how can you have 15hh horse competing at 2 stars then have it reclassified as a 'pony'!! It just makes getting on the Pony team impossiable now unless you are loaded, and calling it a 'pony' team seems pretty pointless as well, 'mini' horse team sounds better. I just think its so unfar on the talented riders without mega bucks who are trying to do well on a genuine 14.2hh's. You cant get on the team now unless your being trained by 'yogi' , it has become so elitist! I was on the Pony team in 1997 (finished 6th indv) on a pony owned by a local farmer. I did Pony club and hunted him b4 doing pony trials. The money we got offered for this pony was obsene! (even ten years ago!)
The rider who has Cottage Craft Spirals lives by me, she is a v.good rider (has 8 horses and is funded by her parents), but surley this horse could of benifited a different rider more and helped them make a name for themselfs. Unfortuatley I dont think eventing will change its always gona be about money or if your a 'name' like H.M and the get givern two advanced schoolmasters to ride just cuz your dad is famous!! Oh well rant over!!
Anyone know how much Noble springbok cost??

morgan4eva

Visit site
I heard he was a bit over 100K sounds quite cheap tho especially as he was not even "up for sale"- the rucks paid 80k for Ice Cool Bailey and he did not have the form of NS.

Skhosu

Visit site
On the other hand, should the most capable combinations not be the ones getting on the team? After all it is to represent our country,
(NOTE: I have nevr been on any teams and it is people on expensive horses here sometimes, but not so much I don't think)

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
spring was bidded for with some italians at the 05 euros and i think went up to over 100. I don't know how much the paid for bailey but he was 4th at the euros so he did have some form
tongue.gif
x

Fiona

Visit site
Ice Cool Bailey in 2004 won the pony three day at Dartfield, the pony three day at Necarne, and the pony 2 day at Ballindenisk, also 11th pony euros that year, in 2005 he was 2nd at the Dartfield three day, and 4th at the Euros, also a host of pony trials. How could he have any more "form" than that, seems pretty consistent to me??
Fiona

FlipFlop5

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I heard he was a bit over 100K sounds quite cheap tho especially as he was not even "up for sale"- the rucks paid 80k for Ice Cool Bailey and he did not have the form of NS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was a bit older as well. They paid about the same for loughscour boy, he had a really good record but was 13 when they got him. It's a good feeling beating her at local ODEs on my old pony .... who we paid less than £500 for
grin.gif