nodding horse not nodding dog!

_daisy_

Visit site
just wondering if any of you have a noding horse.
The horse that has been sent to test me is driving me mad atm.
After the swollen leg incident ive decided to take it steady with her for a while so stuck to walk last night. Only went out for 30mins ish but god did she drive me mad.
She is constantly throwing her head. She only does it in walk and im presuming its because shes bored of just walking. Trot, canter etc no problems with the head. Ive tried riding her with/without a martingale. Makes no difference. Thought it was flies so have bought her a crusader quiet ride mask. This has helped slightly but not a great deal.
Any ideas on how to stop her doing this?

_daisy_

Visit site
cheers Boss-forgot to say the mask she has has ears and muzzle net all combined in one. Shes loads happier because the flies arent annoying her now, however the nodding still continues.
Do you think its just a baby thing and shell grow out of when shes worked harder?

SillyMare

Visit site
Merry nods in the box, but I think it is sort of weeving the other way round.

Is an anxiety thing for him.

Thankfully not officially a 'vice' unless he starts going in the other direction!

_daisy_

Visit site
well funny you saying that its anxiety i wonder if shes a bit like that. If youve not read my swollen legs update, my vet thinks her feed is making her more stressed than she naturally is. Maybe it will sort out when shes come totally off the feed and try her on a calmer?