non slip saddle pads

Visit site
try looking at Limpet pads - stippled on back and smooth against saddle. Not good to wash though - really hold the water - makes you wonder where all the sweat goes! But they do stop the saddle slipping.

hantastic

Visit site
Out of interest why would you want to mount from the ground??? A saddle pad wont help that unfortunately
crazy.gif

dwi

Visit site
I have one because Daisy's back is very round and otherwise the saddle slips round just cantering round corners.

i don't usually get on from the ground but on the odd occassion I have tried out on a hack it has made no difference, saddle still slips. If I was you I'd stick to finding a handy tree stump or fence to get on from.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest why would you want to mount from the ground???

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you might have to get off to put jumps up or down... or fall off on a hack... or just not have a mounting block (like me until recently
grin.gif
)
One eejit at the yard laughed at me for getting on with the mounting block and I gave him my stoniest look (perfected from years of teaching!!) and told him very coldly that if he was getting on from the ground he was most likely twisting his saddle and possibly risking injury to his horse (big bloke and not very nimble that he is he's in no position to laugh!)

hantastic

Visit site
What girth do you use? My horse is also quite 'round' and i had a similar problem with my saddle until i stopped using an elasticated girth. Mine used to slip even out hacking. But it doesnt move at all any more.

equibabe20

Visit site
Hi,

My boy is a nightmare his saddle wobbles when moving even tho i've had it specially made to measure. I use theThrowgood 'Cob' numnah as it has a non-slip pad underside and i also use the Prolite Saddle-Stay pad in between then numhan and saddle. This works really well. Also it depends what girth you use, ones with elastic make the saddle slip more but there are wide string girths that are fantastic for stopping the saddle slipping.

sojeph

Visit site
I have one of these pads and it works wonders on my daughters roly poly pony. Not sure about mounting from the ground tho as she nearly always mounts from the mounting block or has me to hold the other stirrup.

connemaras

www.thekarluksiberianhuskies.com
ive have a normal cottage craft girth, elastic one but have not yet brought a leather one as unsure what type to get, she is a very large wobbley pony with hardly any withers! fitting a saddle is very hard, at the moment i ahve one i brought from ebay (extra wide gallop) and its the best fit of any saddles i hve tryed, when it comes to mounting everyone else moutns 1st while i hold the other stirrup and then there is no-one for me, even using a mounting block the saddle somtimes slips! its gettin to the point that i would rather ride bareback than in my saddle, i feel sorry for my pony as i know it can cause an injury to her back and its not her fault shes built that way, if anyone has any web-sites of good pads (sojeph you said the pad you use works wonders) and girths, it would be so much help! i need them cheap though as have spent far too much this month!! thank-you everyone for all your help!!!
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I have a horse with no withers & barrel shaped so saddles just slip side to side! I never used to be able to get on from the groud as it would simply slip right round! I tried a limpet pad, didnt work and just make him really sweaty.

After recommendations on here, I now use a Stubben cord / string girth. Its fabulous. I bought it off ebay for I think £25. Well worth it! Its so soft, doesnt rub at all (even my TB!), keeps them less sweaty and I can mount from the ground now! (ps. I only use a thin cotton saddlecloth now, try not to bulk it out as this makes saddles slip more!).

connemaras

www.thekarluksiberianhuskies.com
o fab, i have heard about limpet ones, i got a demo at badminton and got given a leaflet but was still unsure if it was to work, i think i will try the one from ebay also a string girth as many people have said about them, will go off and have a look for one!! thank you for ll your help!!!
hopefully will be able to mount in a good manner without looking silly!!

ads1984

New User
Visit site
There is a new non slip pad on the market draws heat off the horses back and its close contact therefore not changing the shape of the horses back try www.thinlinepads.com i think its called thinline. Or do a search for someone called maddocks saddlers. I brought at scope festival there great!