Non - Slip Saddle Pads ?

Kirsti1

Visit site
hello, me again, still on the subject of slipping saddles on a flat backed arab.
has anybody used a Non-Slip Saddle Pad ?
is the 'Limpet' the best one ?
what are your opinions ?
thanks again eveyone
Kirsti

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I belive N.E.W do a decent one, not used it though...
Sorry I can't be of more help
frown.gif

EC

RobinHood

Visit site
Have used the prolite one with success, with saddles that slip a lot you can use 2 prolite saddle stay pads, one either side of the saddlecloth. They are quite reasonably priced which is a bonus.

katiejaye

Visit site
I have two limpet pads...fantastic and worth the money. I have a GP one as everything I had slipped back...it doesn't budge an inch. I went and bought a dressage one too. Both great and just need a wipe down after using.

lorenababbit

Visit site
we bought one for an arab stallion and it certainly worked on him. But do you know you can get saddles specifically made for arabs? I might be telling you the obvious but arabs have one rib less than normal horses, because according to legend, Allah took one rib to make man! Wharever the reason it does mean fitting saddles on pure breds difficult.

Kirsti1

Visit site
thanks eveyone, seems the limpet pad is the best option, think i'm going to get one.
would love to have a made to measure saddle for my boy but until i win the lottery the next best thing is a decent saddle pad !
have a good xmas break everyone
Kirsti

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ive got a flat backed Welsh Cob, tried lots. TBH I didnt find the limpet worked very well and it made my boy sweat like hell. I came on here complaning about it and someone mentioned a Stubben string girth which is really wide and seems to distribute the pressure. Works a treat! Got mine off Ebay.